Robert INGLEDEW
Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The PESCANET (fishing network) site is also in English. May 2, 2003

Here is the link that will give you abundant information on fishing in Argentina, including the level of the rivers, etc. As you know, at least for fishing dorados, the lower the river is, the best chances you have.

http://english.pescanet.com/

Enjoy it

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fishing in the Uruguay River May 11, 2003

Concordia is a beautiful city some 200 miles North of Buenos Aires, and just accross the river from Uruguay. It has many tourist attractions in the area, the "Los Palmares" National Park, the Salto Grande hydroelectric project, the San José Palace and many more. Just downstream from the Salto Grande dam, very nice dorados can be caught. Fishing is prohibited for the first kilometer (0.6 miles) downstream, but the next 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) downstream offer excellent posibilities. You w... See more
Concordia is a beautiful city some 200 miles North of Buenos Aires, and just accross the river from Uruguay. It has many tourist attractions in the area, the "Los Palmares" National Park, the Salto Grande hydroelectric project, the San José Palace and many more. Just downstream from the Salto Grande dam, very nice dorados can be caught. Fishing is prohibited for the first kilometer (0.6 miles) downstream, but the next 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) downstream offer excellent posibilities. You will find more information in the http://www.pescanet.com site. Go to relevamientos and look for Concordia.

You can enjoy this place while attending a Powwow. Check www.proz.com/powwow/434, or look for it in the powwow section. The date is September 13 and 14/2003.

Have a nice day.

Regards from Posadas, Argentina, on my way from the beautiful Iguazú Waterfalls towards Concordia.

Robert Ingledew

[Edited at 2003-06-29 16:52]

[Edited at 2003-06-29 16:57]
Collapse

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trout fishing in Southern Argentina May 21, 2003

It is not the season yet (it opens in November) but you might want to make some plans for next Summer in South America.

This is another interesting site.

http://www.stofishingadventures.com/

Enjoy it.

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CATCH AND RELEASE NATIONAL DORADO FISHING COMPETITION Jun 8, 2003

This fishing competition, probably the most important one of Argentina, will take place on September 26 to 28, 2003 at Isla del Cerrito (Chaco, Argentina) accross the river from the city of Paso de la Patria.

The dorado (see first posting) belongs to the salmon family, is larger than the salmon and a very strong fighter.

If you want more information, just write to this E-mail:

INFORMES:
PHONE: 03783-15
... See more
This fishing competition, probably the most important one of Argentina, will take place on September 26 to 28, 2003 at Isla del Cerrito (Chaco, Argentina) accross the river from the city of Paso de la Patria.

The dorado (see first posting) belongs to the salmon family, is larger than the salmon and a very strong fighter.

If you want more information, just write to this E-mail:

INFORMES:
PHONE: 03783-15688981 / 433152.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Collapse

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IF YOU WANT TO FISH IN ARGENTINA, CHECK THE UPCOMING POWWOWS Jun 24, 2003

There will be a Powow at Concordia (next to the Salto Grande dam on the Uruguay river) on September 13 and 14. Check the powwow section. Concordia is one of the typical areas for dorado fishing, specially downstream from the dam, and up to the Salto Chico. The most expensive hotel in Concordia (San Carlos Resort, 4 stars) costs 21 Dollars per... See more
There will be a Powow at Concordia (next to the Salto Grande dam on the Uruguay river) on September 13 and 14. Check the powwow section. Concordia is one of the typical areas for dorado fishing, specially downstream from the dam, and up to the Salto Chico. The most expensive hotel in Concordia (San Carlos Resort, 4 stars) costs 21 Dollars per day for single occupancy.

Check www.proz.com/powwow/434

There are many beautiful places in the area to visit such as the "El Palmar" National Park, the Thermal Baths of Federacion, the Salto Grande Hydroelectric project and reservoir (on the the largest artificial lakes in Argentina), etc.

I trust you can make it. It will be nice to meet you there.

Robert Ingledew

[Edited at 2003-06-29 16:56]
Collapse

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SEPTEMBER 13-14 POWWOW AT CONCORDIA Jun 24, 2003

This is one of the best fishing areas in Argentina for the dorado, which of course does not guarantee that we will fish any.
In any case, please disregard my other posting, where I gave the wrong date (I said Octobre instead of September)

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Think about these facts: Jul 20, 2003

1) A 10-pound trout is a pretty large trout. The largest one I ever caught weighed 9.5 pounds.

2) A 10-pound dorado is undersize and must be released. The average size is 20 pounds (wow!!!) The dorado also belongs to the salmon family. is a game fish, and is fished in the Orinoco, Amazon and Paraná river basins (Venezuela, Brazil, Perú, Uruguay and Argentina)

3) The world record for dorado fishing with fly fishing gear was broken last year at Concordia, Entre Ríos
... See more
1) A 10-pound trout is a pretty large trout. The largest one I ever caught weighed 9.5 pounds.

2) A 10-pound dorado is undersize and must be released. The average size is 20 pounds (wow!!!) The dorado also belongs to the salmon family. is a game fish, and is fished in the Orinoco, Amazon and Paraná river basins (Venezuela, Brazil, Perú, Uruguay and Argentina)

3) The world record for dorado fishing with fly fishing gear was broken last year at Concordia, Entre Ríos on September 16, 2002. If you want to see it, go to www.pescanet.com
and then make a search for Concordia. You will find a number of articles. Check the second and third articles out. You will not find them in the English version, so you will have to do the search in the Spanish page (búsqueda) Although the notes will be in Spanish, you can still see the photos.

4) The next Powwow in Argentina is to be held at Concordia on September 13 (the same week of the year in which the world record was broken last year for dorado fishing in the fly-fishing modality. This beautiful fish weighed some 45 pounds.

5) The costs involved are: Hotel: 22 Us Dollars per night for a 4-star hotel (San Carlos Resort) or 8 US Dollars per night for a 2-star hotel (Embajador). Meals: an average of 5 US Dollars per meal. Fishing: nearly 100 US Dollars per day for a motorboat for 3 fishermen. In any case, fishing is optional.

If you are fond of fishing, you will not want to loose this chance. At the Powwow we might discuss how to catch big fish (Translation Agencies and Large Companies). I have had some experience along this line, and probably you have also.

Near Concordia is the "Los Palmares" National Park, which is a nice place to visit, it is a large forest of palm trees. Also in the same area there are some historical buildings and further North the Salto Grande Hydroelectric Project, the second largest one of Argentina, with a large artificial lake. Just crossing the bridge, you are already in Uruguay.

6) Now go to the Powwow page and note down your name. This is the link:
http://www.proz.com/powwow/434

It will be a pleasure to meet you.

Robert Ingledew

[Edited at 2003-07-20 23:23]

[Edited at 2003-07-21 12:23]
Collapse

Robert INGLEDEW
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DORADO FISHING, AN UNFORGETABLE EXPERIENCE Jan 8, 2004

DORADO FISHING IN ARGENTINA. Although as far as I remember I have mentioned this in my forum entitled "ARGENTINA, A PARADISE FOR BARGAIN-SEEKERS", this is a subject of special interest for fishermen.

The dorado belongs to the salmon family, is a tough fighter, known as the Tiger of the Rivers, and can be found in the Paraná river basin and some other places in Argentina.

It is said that a photo speaks more than a thousand words. Have a look at these photos. I am
... See more
DORADO FISHING IN ARGENTINA. Although as far as I remember I have mentioned this in my forum entitled "ARGENTINA, A PARADISE FOR BARGAIN-SEEKERS", this is a subject of special interest for fishermen.

The dorado belongs to the salmon family, is a tough fighter, known as the Tiger of the Rivers, and can be found in the Paraná river basin and some other places in Argentina.

It is said that a photo speaks more than a thousand words. Have a look at these photos. I am sure you will enjoy them.

http://www.cabanadonjulian.com.ar/ingles/maine.htm

Here you have some more photos:

http://www.cabanadonjulian.com.ar/ingles/goldfish.htm

Below is the photo of a 23 kilo (52 lbs.) dorado fished in the Paraná river at Ita-Ibaté.

http://www.puertoballester.com.ar/QUE_DORADO!!!!!!!.htm

Although hotels are very cheap in Argentina (you can find good hotels for ten dollars a night, and even less), dorado fishing is not. A one-day tour on a motorboat with fishing guide and bait can cost as much as one hundred dollars per day. However, this is still cheaper than the prices you would have to pay elsewhere, this price includes lodging, breakfast, all meals, fishing guide and the motor boat, but not fuel, which in Argentina costs about 2 Dollars a gallon.

If you do not want to rent a motorboat, you can cross to Isla del Cerrito and fish from the shore. I have caught dorados weighing 12 to 18 pounds from the shore and have seen a 38 pound dorado caught by another fisherman. The best point in Cerrito Island is the Punta Norte (North End), where the Paraguay river (1 mile wide) runs into the Paraná river (2 miles wide), causing a huge whirlpool that is hundreds of feet wide. That is the best place, because dorados are waiting for the smaller fish to run into their mouth, but take hundreds of extra yards of nylon, because you will loose many hooks on the tree roots that are in the bottom of the river. Dorados can easily cut your nylon, so you should use steel leaders to avoid this. Depending on whether the water is clear or not, you can do fly fishing, use artificial lures or live bait. Pieces of dead fish (specially morena or boga) are also used successfully.

If you need more information on Argentina, please read my forum on Argentina, and if you have any questions, send me an E-mail to: [email protected]

I am not in the travel business, I am a technical translator, and therefore will recommend the alternative that best suits you.

Here is the link to my forum on Argentina:

http://forums.about.com/ab-gosoamerica/messages/?msg=512
Collapse

elifblc
elifblc
Türkiye
Local time: 21:40
English to Turkish
+ ...
Fishing in Altinoluk/Edremit (Turkey) Nov 7, 2009

You should definitely try fishing in Altinoluk (Turkey) as well. Anyone has tried this place before?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fond of fishing? Try Argentina

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »