Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >
Off topic: What is the name of your feline assistant?
Thread poster: Yolanda Bello Olvera
Yolanda Bello Olvera
Yolanda Bello Olvera  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 12, 2007

I am just being curious....

I do not have a feline assistant myself but two canine assistants: Bambino, a mix breed and Kayser, a Rottweiler.

Regards,

Y

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:31
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Arena & Rin Jul 12, 2007

My yellow cats, mother and son.

Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:31
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Their original names are Kaarle and Nelli... Jul 12, 2007

They are both black and white domestic cats, about 5 years old. Both names are human names, but not that common.
Kaarle is a male cat, he is long (really!) and slim. We call him "Pienikisu", which means "Little Kitty". He is very demanding and meows loudly when he wants something.
Nelli is female, and she is short and round. That's why we call her "Paksukisu", which means "Fat Kitty". She rarely meows - when she wants to go out, she scratches the couch. Her meow is very high-pitched
... See more
They are both black and white domestic cats, about 5 years old. Both names are human names, but not that common.
Kaarle is a male cat, he is long (really!) and slim. We call him "Pienikisu", which means "Little Kitty". He is very demanding and meows loudly when he wants something.
Nelli is female, and she is short and round. That's why we call her "Paksukisu", which means "Fat Kitty". She rarely meows - when she wants to go out, she scratches the couch. Her meow is very high-pitched and short, like "ik" (I tried to imitate it once but could not go high enough).

[Edited at 2007-07-12 22:02]

[Edited at 2007-07-12 22:34]
Collapse

Fiona Gonçalves
Fiona Gonçalves  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:31
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Harvey Jul 12, 2007

He's a Siamese cross and the kids have decided his full name is Harvey José Pussy Cato (a fair old mix of "Portuglish" there). Although he can come in the back window any time he likes, he prefers to knock on the front window because then someone will get up and let him in. Maybe that makes him the boss rather than the assistant!

Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:31
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Kikker (Frog in Dutch) Jul 12, 2007

Unfortunately he's not here with me right now, so I miss him a lot. Hopefully we'll be reunited soon.
A lot of people asked us why we named him that. My boyfriend, who's Portuguese, came up with the name "Kikker". I think it sounds funny
Cats rule!

Catherine Piéret
Catherine Piéret  Identity Verified
Italy
English to French
+ ...
Pupuce Jul 12, 2007

a 3-year old female cat (black & white) which makes me crazy and always stands by my side while working

Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
Frut & Tyggie Jul 12, 2007

http://www.proz.com/post/576702#576702

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Good question - intercultural differences Jul 12, 2007

Clarisa: arena = Sand, but Rin? Abbr. of RinTinTin?

Catherine: Pupuce does this mean something or just onomatopoeic? I guess you are a good slave.;-)

My black cat = Tamira
My calico cat = Vida (because she gave birth to 8 kitten)
My tabby male cat = Micky (or Mausmann) - He was a stray cat and thought that his visits would be of temporary nature only therefore I did not choose a fancy name. A
... See more
Clarisa: arena = Sand, but Rin? Abbr. of RinTinTin?

Catherine: Pupuce does this mean something or just onomatopoeic? I guess you are a good slave.;-)

My black cat = Tamira
My calico cat = Vida (because she gave birth to 8 kitten)
My tabby male cat = Micky (or Mausmann) - He was a stray cat and thought that his visits would be of temporary nature only therefore I did not choose a fancy name. Actually I would prefer a Japanese or Spanish name.

Regards
Steffi
Collapse

Olivia MAHÉ
Olivia MAHÉ  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Olga Jul 12, 2007

A beautiful to-tal-ly black cat, probably hunting some unfortunate shrew at the moment...

Manuela Ferrari
Manuela Ferrari  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:31
English to Italian
+ ...
Dilly Jul 12, 2007

A big, lovely, black & white male cat that we adopted four months ago when his previous owners couldn't keep him anymore. They called him Dylan, but that's also the name of one of my son's friends, so the cat is now called Dilly. He is great with the kids and good company for me while I work, although he ALWAYS takes my seat if I dare to take a break!

Patrice
Patrice  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:31
French to English
+ ...
I have a large staff Jul 12, 2007

Two canine assistants: Roscoe and L.A.
Two feline directors: Norma Desmond ("Norm") and Billy

Evi Wollinger
Evi Wollinger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Sam (antha) and Sock (s) Jul 12, 2007

Sam is white and grey and Socks - well, she is grey with white socks.
Socks was the ugliest kitten I have ever seen, never had seen an ugly kitten before her actually. She had a big head, small body, super skinny legs and a tail that looked like a toothpick. She was also sick with the most appaling ailments....not getting into it....I nursed her back to health, being ugly and all and she turned out to be like the ugly duckling!
She is beautiful, grey, big green eyes - and she stays
... See more
Sam is white and grey and Socks - well, she is grey with white socks.
Socks was the ugliest kitten I have ever seen, never had seen an ugly kitten before her actually. She had a big head, small body, super skinny legs and a tail that looked like a toothpick. She was also sick with the most appaling ailments....not getting into it....I nursed her back to health, being ugly and all and she turned out to be like the ugly duckling!
She is beautiful, grey, big green eyes - and she stays by my side at all times, usually sitting on the back of my office chair! Who says cats are independent!
Sam is her "mom". They get along very well.
Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Harry and Brian Jul 12, 2007

My feline assistant is called Harry (he is rather big and totally black) and my canine assistant is called Brian (the most lovable chocolate Labrador in the world that makes me laugh every single day).

Gabi Ancarol (X)
Gabi Ancarol (X)
Italy
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Negra Jul 12, 2007

she's happily spleeping next to me while I try to finish this project before the weekend begins...

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:31
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Does my son's stuffed bunny count? Jul 12, 2007

He is my Language Advisor! Just kidding. I have no pets at the moment. Used to have fish though, but did not name them, since there were a lot of them and I could not tell who was who, (they all looked alike to me...)

Monika

[Edited at 2007-07-13 06:38]

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the name of your feline assistant?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »