Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >
Off topic: What is the name of your feline assistant?
Thread poster: Yolanda Bello Olvera
Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:43
German to English
Seska Jul 13, 2007

Large, floppy 12-yr old long-haired black cat.
Offers occasional assistance by walking on the keyboard, I'm sure she'd like to be the boss but is just too lazy these days.

EmmanuelleAn (X)
EmmanuelleAn (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:43
English to French
+ ...
Emile Jul 13, 2007

Emile
One-year-old ginger alley cat. In the winter, he loves sleeping on my lap while I am working on the computer. Busy chasing mice and birds in the garden in the summer but he always shows up when I call for him. Pretty much like a dog...

lorette
lorette  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
(Monsieur) BALOU Jul 13, 2007

My "mini" yorkshire (9 months old)

And the rest of the "herd" in France:

DOGS
- Obélix, a mini yorkshire
- Volka (alias Louloute), a labrador

CATS
- Elsa (alias Zazatoune), a persian
- Friponne (my cat)
- Domino
- Choupette

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Another cat, another language Jul 13, 2007

We are learning words for cat in several languages here.
Here is our "Koshka" (Russian for cat).

Francesca Grande
Francesca Grande  Identity Verified
Italy
Dutch to Italian
+ ...
Eta and Lapo Jul 13, 2007

I used to have a Carthusian named Ernesto many years ago but he found his true home with my parents and I let him go We actually hadn't this very special relationship.
Now we have 2 dogs: Eta (mother) which comes from Greta and Lapo (her son), both Italian (uncommon) names. They're 5 and 3 years old and they are both boxer-pitbull cross, she's completely black, sweet and elegant, really feminine while he's white with a blac
... See more
I used to have a Carthusian named Ernesto many years ago but he found his true home with my parents and I let him go We actually hadn't this very special relationship.
Now we have 2 dogs: Eta (mother) which comes from Greta and Lapo (her son), both Italian (uncommon) names. They're 5 and 3 years old and they are both boxer-pitbull cross, she's completely black, sweet and elegant, really feminine while he's white with a black left eye, often funny and silly and kind of a caterpillar... runs and runs and doesn't look at what he's going to crash into (objects, people, trees, other animals, rocks... it just doesn't matter to him!). I do LOVE them and they really fill my days with joy!!
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Not one but three assistants ;-) Jul 13, 2007

They are named Amadeus, Tinou and Douchka
It's just perfect working with one on my lap, one sleeping on my feet and the other one on the table - but of course what they prefer is sleeping on my keyboard while I'm working in order to get my full attention, which causes huge fears and crisis when the sentence I'm working on suddenly disappears because the cat pressed the "suppr" key.........
See more
They are named Amadeus, Tinou and Douchka
It's just perfect working with one on my lap, one sleeping on my feet and the other one on the table - but of course what they prefer is sleeping on my keyboard while I'm working in order to get my full attention, which causes huge fears and crisis when the sentence I'm working on suddenly disappears because the cat pressed the "suppr" key......

@ Jack : thanks for the picture ! Koshka ist really beautiful and totally cute !
Collapse

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Xina, Sasha, Winnie and Susi Jul 13, 2007

... are the feline assistants. Xina is an old Maine Coon type cat from the streets of Barcelona, now mostly in her own room. Susi, Sasha and Winnie the Siamese and Siamese mix cats.

Winnie and Sasha. They love the scanner a
... See more
... are the feline assistants. Xina is an old Maine Coon type cat from the streets of Barcelona, now mostly in her own room. Susi, Sasha and Winnie the Siamese and Siamese mix cats.

Winnie and Sasha. They love the scanner and trigger it off all the time!

The canine assistants (5 or 6 of them) are Bobbie, the old Portuguese 'gruñon', Tika the Mallorcan mini-Rottweiler, Jazzie the Asturian bushy-tailed Whippet and Luna the mysterious shepherd mix who sometimes hides out in the office.
The "Bad Boys" T and T are not allowed in the office as they are too hairy and boisterous. T1 (Tufo) is a mix Basque shepherd and T2 (Tommie) is a mix Belgian shepherd (Tervueren) - a foster dog.

Luna and T1

At the moment we also have two rescued puppies (los TJ) who are no help at all as I have to check every few hours how they are and play with them and their auntie Jazzie.

Did I mention the three donkeys yet? Eeyore, Flora and Cobby, although they only assist in eating the grass on the meadow.

www.adoptastur.org
Collapse

Alison Jenner
Alison Jenner  Identity Verified
Switzerland
German to English
+ ...
Tash and Speedy Jul 13, 2007

I have two feline assistants - 9 year old black and white sisters. Tash is named after the wonky white line above her mouth which looks like a moustache, and Speedy for being a lot faster than she is now in her more youthful days. Speedy loves sitting on the lap of anyone aiming to work on a computer. Tash prefers sitting alongside people so gets in a bit of huff because there's just not enough room on an office chair...

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Two feline assistants and 2 canine assistants Jul 13, 2007

cats= Piper (from the TV serie "Magics") and Fragolino (small strawberry), because of the colour

dogs= Phoebe (from the TV serie "Magics" ) and Zac a baby dog we found abandoned 10 days ago

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
So many pet lovers.... :-) Jul 13, 2007

OK, here are my feline staff resumés... (in case any potential client is reading this thread...)

Full Name: Múrsula María de las Nieves

Nickname: "Muschi"
In German, a woman named "Ursula" is usually nicknamed "Uschi" (s
... See more
OK, here are my feline staff resumés... (in case any potential client is reading this thread...)

Full Name: Múrsula María de las Nieves

Nickname: "Muschi"
In German, a woman named "Ursula" is usually nicknamed "Uschi" (see here ),
so "M"+"Ursula" = "Muschi".
Also, in German "Muschi" is more or less the equivalent of "pussycat".

Place of birth: Madrid, Spain
(in Spain, anyone who is born and raised in Madrid is called a "gato";
that is, a "cat"... see here...)

Experience: Human (German) to CATtish (German) translator
(and her native language is ONLY CATtish!!)

------------------------------------------------

Full Name: Gadú Manuel de los Santos

Nicknames: "The Dude" (he asked to be nicknamed this way after watching "The Big Lebowski")
"The Great Dudini" (he likes to pretend he's an expert escapologist )
"Heavy Dudie" (because he is slightly overweight).

Place of birth: Madrid, Spain (another Madrilenian "gato"...)

Experience: Human (Spanish) to CATtish (Spanish) translator
(and his native language is definitely ONLY CATtish!!)

References available upon request....

P.S.: My cats asked me ages ago to include this in my Proz.com profile's "Personal" tab, but I really haven't had the time for it, so hopefully by posting this information here they'll forgive me a bit...
Collapse

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Love your picture! Jul 13, 2007

ICL wrote:

Love your picture of "The Dude" - he looks as though he should have a nice, fat cigar in his other paw.....

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
The Dude Jul 13, 2007

Claire Cox wrote:

Love your picture of "The Dude" - he looks as though he should have a nice, fat cigar in his other paw.....

He's probably more into what the Big Lebowski smokes...

Really gotta run now, those deadlines!!

[Edited at 2007-07-13 12:46]

Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
The look of Tiramisu... Jul 13, 2007

Audrey Fermon-Terraza wrote:

A lovely half-Siamese, same colours as the dessert... Always on my shoulders or sitting in a strange position:

... this pic knocks me out! The way your cat looks into the camera. Thanks for sharing

Irene N
Irene N
United States
Local time: 06:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Assistants?!?!? Jul 13, 2007

Lucky you...

My only bosses in the entire Universe:
Kuzya [u:]- the one on the left. Short for old Russian name Kuz'ma (very common among peasants and commoners up until the end of the 19th century, never heard of count Kuzma:-)), pretty much not in use for humans any longer but nearly the most popular male cat name in Russia.
Masha - his sister and THE watch cat.

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Jack, Koshka is so beautiful! Jul 13, 2007

Jack Doughty wrote:

We are learning words for cat in several languages here.
Here is our "Koshka" (Russian for cat).

She looks a lot like my old cat Holly, but she's even prettier!

[Edited at 2007-07-13 15:07]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the name of your feline assistant?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »