Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Off topic: Addicted to LOST. Who joins the club?
Thread poster: Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:47
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Well... Feb 14, 2007

Kirill Semenov wrote:

Gianni Pastore wrote:
I think I am gonna play'em in the next lottery drawn and see what happens

I would not recommend it. The numbers bring bad luck and may make you as jinxed as Hurley. Please think about people around you, including us.

[Edited at 2007-02-14 10:50]

... I am gonna play'em reversed. It'll work. Trust me, I am a doctor

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 09:47
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
A list of questions Feb 14, 2007

Özden Arıkan wrote:
BUT, another thing I wonder a lot...

The psychic will show up at least once more in the show, during the first 6 episodes of the Season 3.

In general, `Lost' is named a "cryptodrama", and this is probably the first and only TV show which is created not only for average `couch potatoes', The creators state it explicitly that their show is also for people who are not lazy and curious enough to watch each episode several times, follow the logics of it, click "pause" button and magnify an image on the screen to find more and more clues about `what the hell is going on there?'

For a list of hot and still unanswered questions, please visit:

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Questions

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
numbers Feb 14, 2007

Özden Arıkan wrote:

I am of course very curious to know more about the 46 118(?) ... ooh, nooo! I shouldn't write them (Kirill is right!)

BUT, another thing I wonder a lot, now forgot her name, the girl who gave birth in the island

[Edited at 2007-02-14 11:08]

right, her name is Clare I think. It's intriguing indeed. But then, in another episode the same fortune teller told Eko that he was just a fraud.
BTW Gianni, I played those numbers twice, and unfortunately/fortunately (??) nothing happened

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Right, Clare! Thank you :-) Feb 14, 2007

But do we take what the fortune teller told Eko at face value?

Kirill, thank you for the link. I'll explore it further

[Sorry, I noticed your post a bit later.]

[Edited at 2007-02-14 11:36]

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:47
French to Portuguese
+ ...
The Numbers Feb 14, 2007

Evonymus wrote:

BTW Gianni, I played those numbers twice, and unfortunately/fortunately (??) nothing happened

Well, it happened to me to play them more than once and nothing happened... not even winning the lottery...

What intrigues me the most? Definitely the Numbers!

By the way, their total is 108, as you all know. See the several meanings of this number in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/108_(number)

Kirill Semenov
Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Just some examples Feb 14, 2007

As a devouted `Lost' fan and explorer, I just want to share some examples of how deep the show is thought through by the creators and how detailed are the... well, details of it.

About the Numbers - well, they are met so often and regularly in the show that everyone somewhat gets used to them with time.

Characters' names: a lot of characters bear names of famous philosophers, like "John Locke", Desmond "Hu
... See more
As a devouted `Lost' fan and explorer, I just want to share some examples of how deep the show is thought through by the creators and how detailed are the... well, details of it.

About the Numbers - well, they are met so often and regularly in the show that everyone somewhat gets used to them with time.

Characters' names: a lot of characters bear names of famous philosophers, like "John Locke", Desmond "Hume", "Edmond Burke" (episode 3.07), Boone "Carlisle" or Daniel "Rousseau".

Unexpected details: those of you who already know about the map on the blast door in the `Swan' hatch may remember that we had been seeing the map (by Locke's eyes) just during several seconds. Now, here is the picture of what we might see if we would spend more time and efforts with our TV/DVD:

http://www.lost4815162342.com/blastmap.htm

Easter Eggs: I just wonder if anyone noticed that when Jack fixes up his would-be wife immediately after her car accident, the other driver dies at the E.R. The driver is Shannon's father (Rutherford). Or, like, in the episodes with Sawyer's flashback (The Con Man) when he sits at a cafe, it's Kate's mother who serves him and his con partner. The show is full of `coincidences' like these, not mentioning the ever repeating `bad luck' numbers.

Also, it may be funny, but in the latest episode 3.07 ("Not in Portland") the man guarding the door to the `Clockwork Orange' room with Karl is reading a book by the modern genius Stephen Hawking, "A Brief History of Time", and the fans even found what the chapter the guy was reading:

http://www.thetailsection.com/lost-not-in-portland-easter-egg-05.jpg

http://www.thetailsection.com/lost-bhot-01.jpg

http://www.thetailsection.com/lost-bhot-02.jpg

So, what I mean is that the TV show is not like any other, and that's fascinating. I don't even try to tell about the `Lost Experience' game which was conducted in the real life during the Season 2 when it was shown in the USA, UK and Australia...

[Edited at 2007-02-14 12:06]
Collapse

Gianni Pastore
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Wow! Feb 14, 2007

Kirill Semenov wrote:

I think I need to re-run my 8 DVDs of Season 1. Forget about Valentine Day tonite, it's gonna be frozen pizza, beer and ice creams (and before you girls complain about romance and stuff, please note that I am single

Kirill Semenov
Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
The show can wait Feb 14, 2007

Gianni Pastore wrote:
I think I need to re-run my 8 DVDs of Season 1. Forget about Valentine Day tonite, it's gonna be frozen pizza, beer and ice creams (and before you girls complain about romance and stuff, please note that I am single

But the girls cannot. Gianni, think about girls first, the DVDs are always at hand to watch again, today, tomorrow, or whenever you want.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone

Gianni Pastore
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Apparently, they can Feb 14, 2007

Kirill Semenov wrote:

Gianni Pastore wrote:

But the girls cannot. Gianni, think about girls first, the DVDs are always at hand to watch again, today, tomorrow, or whenever you want.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
I did notice that :) Feb 14, 2007

Kirill Semenov wrote:

Easter Eggs: I just wonder if anyone noticed that when Jack fixes up his would-be wife immediately after her car accident, the other driver dies at the E.R. The driver is Shannon's father (Rutherford). Or, like, in the episodes with Sawyer's flashback (The Con Man) when he sits at a cafe, it's Kate's mother who serves him and his con partner. br>
[Edited at 2007-02-14 12:06]

well, I watched every episode few times (I'm a total addict), so I did notice those 'coincidences' indeed
BTW, I think it was the same car accident.

[Edited at 2007-02-14 13:23]

John Cutler
John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Another "Heroes" fan!! Feb 14, 2007

Herminia Herrandiz Espuny wrote:

Well, although the low quality of this third season and the loss of some of the main characters drastically I must admit I am addict to this one... but right now I prefer "Heroes" awesome one! specially Hiro Nakamura love him!

I have a lot of spoilers...

I find LOST ok, but you're right about Heroes!!

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:47
English to Italian
Hints to pay attention to Feb 14, 2007

I have heard that Jack's tattoo on his left upper arm has a meaning too, so pay attention to that detail too, it looks like a pyramid with some symbols underneath.

Have you noticed guys that before coming to the island each character had a bad or unlucky personal existence (jinxy Hurley, wheelchair for Locke, Kate is a fugitive, etc...) or that they are running from something?
In my opinion the island is offering them at first a way to hide, escape, but ultimately a way to pu
... See more
I have heard that Jack's tattoo on his left upper arm has a meaning too, so pay attention to that detail too, it looks like a pyramid with some symbols underneath.

Have you noticed guys that before coming to the island each character had a bad or unlucky personal existence (jinxy Hurley, wheelchair for Locke, Kate is a fugitive, etc...) or that they are running from something?
In my opinion the island is offering them at first a way to hide, escape, but ultimately a way to purge their sins. It's as if the island is offering them a chance of redemption. When or if they get out of the island they will be different people, less selfish? less unlucky? Who knows. And I even doubt if Locke will ever want to get out of the island as there he found freedom from the wheelchair....

The characters seem to represent some philosophical ideas as well, and that goes back to the philosophers' names that the characters bear: Danielle Rousseau is a savage, a bit ticked in the head, but couldn't she represent Rousseau's idea of the Bon Sauvage?, Locke is rational even if he finds that the island has a soul.

Also, have you noticed that since the beginning, on the island social roles are recreated? Jack is the doctor and a leader, Sawyer has access to the supplies and trades them for favors, Sahid is the military, Eko is the priest, etc....

And I can't get away from the idea that the island reminds me somehow of the "Lord of the Flies", don't you think?

[Edited at 2007-02-14 17:41]
Collapse

Gianni Pastore
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
In fact Feb 15, 2007

Liliana Roman-Hamilton wrote:

In my opinion the island is offering them at first a way to hide, escape, but ultimately a way to purge their sins. It's as if the island is offering them a chance of redemption.

[Edited at 2007-02-14 17:41]

Someone has infact suggested that the island is actually the purgatory, and that the characters are all dead. But this has been denied from the producers themselves. Lots of food for thoughts, anyway!

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
French to English
+ ...
That's it, I've got to get Lost! Feb 15, 2007

smorales30 wrote:

Lost, Twin Peaks and Six Feet Under... the best shows ever

You all make Lost sound very interesting -- too bad it's not on the telly in France yet. Everyone is still on about Desperate Housewives. (Zzzz)

I don't know if I will ever find another series that meant as much to me as Six Feet Under. Nate, why did you go?!

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:47
English to Italian
Tattoo mystery will be revealed Feb 15, 2007

Guys,

Yesterday another great episode, but I won't say more in order not to give any hint to those of you who are following the previous series.

From the sneak peek for next week's new episode, it seems that the meaning of Jack's tattoo will be revealed, sort of.... Actually they said that 3 mysteries will be solved.... enough to keep me glued to the sofa for another episode....

Anyhow...juicy stuff with the current series, I tell ya~!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Addicted to LOST. Who joins the club?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »