Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Off topic: Addicted to LOST. Who joins the club?
Thread poster: Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:36
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Ahem... Feb 13, 2007

Kirill Semenov wrote:

Gianni, are you OK? Mu apologies for any mental damage which my posting might cause.

I need a LOST fix, NOW!!!

[Edited at 2007-02-13 22:14]

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 09:36
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Some spoilers Feb 13, 2007

For you, people, who don't watch the recently re-started TV show (season 3, episode 7, and so on...), I recommend the following Web site:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com

Just click on a tab like "Spoilers" or "Rumors", and you will get the idea. This is probably the best site, all the news are there first.

For those of you who want a deeper insight into `Lost':

... See more
For you, people, who don't watch the recently re-started TV show (season 3, episode 7, and so on...), I recommend the following Web site:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com

Just click on a tab like "Spoilers" or "Rumors", and you will get the idea. This is probably the best site, all the news are there first.

For those of you who want a deeper insight into `Lost':

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Collapse

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:36
French to Portuguese
+ ...
My favourite series! Feb 13, 2007

Couldn't wait until 3rd season comes to Portugal, so I already have the 6 first episodes (Teresa, contact me through my profile; we can arrange something for you...).

Best series I've ever watched and followed since the very beginning, although I'm afraid the mistery solving will be no big deal. I really hope not.

I've seen 2 episodes of the new series so far. I don't have much time to see the rest but I'm really looking forward to it......
See more
Couldn't wait until 3rd season comes to Portugal, so I already have the 6 first episodes (Teresa, contact me through my profile; we can arrange something for you...).

Best series I've ever watched and followed since the very beginning, although I'm afraid the mistery solving will be no big deal. I really hope not.

I've seen 2 episodes of the new series so far. I don't have much time to see the rest but I'm really looking forward to it...
Collapse

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
me too!! Feb 13, 2007

I'm absolutely addicted to LOST!!! I love it! And moreover I want to be on that island myself! How do I get there??
Public TV sucks indeed, but I've seen already 6 episodes from the third season
And I do hope the third season is not the last one
cheers Ewa

swisstell
swisstell
Italy
German to English
+ ...
Lost lost its momentum Feb 14, 2007

here in the USA at least we had too many repeats, more than new episodes by far and now we ¨suffered¨a pause of 3 months and that cannot help ratings. People wander off to other new series.... They had a good thing going but LOST it.

Gianni Pastore
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
I knew you'd have say that! Feb 14, 2007

Liliana Roman-Hamilton wrote:

My favorites? the hunky guy, Sawyer (more shirtless scenes for him please! hehehe) and Locke.

Barbara Wiegel
Barbara Wiegel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Television Without Pity Feb 14, 2007

Have you ever visited www.televisionwithoutpity.com? I read their LOST and 24 episodes recaps every week (well, only if there was a new episode) and I think they're just great. I even read them if I watched the episode already or sometimes before I'm going to watch it.

They recap a whole bunch of shows - not only LOST - and I like the fact that they provide the information of what was g
... See more
Have you ever visited www.televisionwithoutpity.com? I read their LOST and 24 episodes recaps every week (well, only if there was a new episode) and I think they're just great. I even read them if I watched the episode already or sometimes before I'm going to watch it.

They recap a whole bunch of shows - not only LOST - and I like the fact that they provide the information of what was going on in the episode plus a sort-of evaluation and all this in a really funny, sometimes laugh-out-loud kind of way. They are making fun of the plotlines and/or the creators of the show and often these criticisms are called for and I myself would never have stumbled across an inconsistency and/or blooper they mention.

I also like the nicknames they give to the characters - most of the times they are really spot on.

Other than that, keep watching and guessing...

Best,
Barbara
Collapse

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
favourites Feb 14, 2007

Liliana Roman-Hamilton wrote:

My favorites? the hunky guy, Sawyer (more shirtless scenes for him please! hehehe) and Locke.

my favourite too He is just gorgeous)
Well.... he's one of the reasons I want to get on that island)))

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Please, NO spoilers! Feb 14, 2007

I agree with you Gianni, in that it might be the most intriguing TV series ever since the Twin Peaks (the musical soundtrack of the latter was beautiful though). Since I watch it on German TV and I still miss a lot of things given the level of my German, I bought its DVDs at last to watch it in the original and of course to keep it at hand as a [euhm] reference!

My favorite character is Locke, but I wouldn't say
... See more
I agree with you Gianni, in that it might be the most intriguing TV series ever since the Twin Peaks (the musical soundtrack of the latter was beautiful though). Since I watch it on German TV and I still miss a lot of things given the level of my German, I bought its DVDs at last to watch it in the original and of course to keep it at hand as a [euhm] reference!

My favorite character is Locke, but I wouldn't say no to more shirtless appearances by Sawyer
Collapse

Gianni Pastore
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Poll inside the topic Feb 14, 2007

Which mystery intrigues you the most?

I am really (and I mean really really) puzzled by the numbers. I think I am gonna play'em in the next lottery drawn and see what happens

Cecilia Di Vita
Cecilia Di Vita  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
no spoilers please!!! Feb 14, 2007

Oh c'mon, have mercy on me!! No spoilers in this thread please!!! Yesterday I finally saw the first episode of season 2, since I don't have Sky and the Italian national television just started broadcasting season two so... please don't tell me anything else!! However, I must admit that I'm not really understanding what's going on, and I fear that most misteries won't be revealed at all...!!!

Özden Arıkan wrote:

My favorite character is Locke, but I wouldn't say no to more shirtless appearances by Sawyer

Özden, I definitely agree with you...!!!

By the way, is there anyone here remembering dr. Jack playing the role of the older brother in "Party of 5"??? That was a great TV series...

Cecilia

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 09:36
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Remember Hurley :-) Feb 14, 2007

Gianni Pastore wrote:
I think I am gonna play'em in the next lottery drawn and see what happens

I would not recommend it. The numbers bring bad luck and may make you as jinxed as Hurley. Please think about people around you, including us.

[Edited at 2007-02-14 10:50]

Gianni Pastore
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
I do Feb 14, 2007

Cecilia Di Vita wrote:

By the way, is there anyone here remembering dr. Jack playing the role of the older brother in "Party of 5"??? That was a great TV series...

Cecilia

It was broadcasted on ITV when I was in UK (year 1997). I was madly in love with Jennifer Love Hewitt (sigh...)

Cecilia Di Vita
Cecilia Di Vita  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
addicted to TV series - IN GENERAL! Feb 14, 2007

Gianni Pastore wrote:

Cecilia Di Vita wrote:

Cecilia

It was broadcasted on ITV when I was in UK (year 1997). I was madly in love with Jennifer Love Hewitt (sigh...)

And what about Neve Campbell?? she was pretty too...

By the way, I think I will open a new thread about TV series - I'm completely addicted to ALL of them!

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Which mystery intrigues me the most Feb 14, 2007

I am of course very curious to know more about the 46 118(?) ... ooh, nooo! I shouldn't write them (Kirill is right!)

BUT, another thing I wonder a lot, now forgot her name, the girl who gave birth in the island... she had visited a fortune teller and in fact it was the fortune teller who had made her take that plane. You remember, right? He probably knew everything, including the purpose of all this mission, beforehand. And he said several things about the girl's baby at that poin
... See more
I am of course very curious to know more about the 46 118(?) ... ooh, nooo! I shouldn't write them (Kirill is right!)

BUT, another thing I wonder a lot, now forgot her name, the girl who gave birth in the island... she had visited a fortune teller and in fact it was the fortune teller who had made her take that plane. You remember, right? He probably knew everything, including the purpose of all this mission, beforehand. And he said several things about the girl's baby at that point. I wonder if this story as a whole, or rather the purpose of all this is connected with the baby in any way... or, whether the baby -and his designed role and purpose of existence- has anything to do with the whole adventure.

Or... is this too far-fetched?

[Edited at 2007-02-14 11:08]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Addicted to LOST. Who joins the club?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »