Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
Off topic: Which country/city/village would you like to move to?
Thread poster: Seadeta Osmani
Vincent Staude
Vincent Staude
Germany
Local time: 21:38
English to German
+ ...
I had a second home in Hong Kong - for a short while Apr 26, 2011

... I guess, if going abroad I would make it to Scotland. I loved my visits there. Well, the reason why I don't live there is, that I did not get a job in the early 90s.

But now, being a freelancer...

Or in Germany, on the countryside, with woods around me, but not too far from Frankfurt.

I like it cool and I love rain. I need my four seasons (I admit, that is not possible in HK)!

Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 22:38
Greek to English
In memoriam
Greece... Apr 27, 2011

...and I did! I'd dreamed of moving to Greece for years, but self-imposed mental obstacles kept getting in the way of taking action (what work would I do? would I get bored of living on a small island? etc). Athens never even crossed my mind.

Then, in May 2009, I came to Athens for the first time, to visit an Athenian friend I'd met in London. I fell in love with the city immediately! I love the mountains that surround it. I love the beaches along its coast. I love the bars an
... See more
...and I did! I'd dreamed of moving to Greece for years, but self-imposed mental obstacles kept getting in the way of taking action (what work would I do? would I get bored of living on a small island? etc). Athens never even crossed my mind.

Then, in May 2009, I came to Athens for the first time, to visit an Athenian friend I'd met in London. I fell in love with the city immediately! I love the mountains that surround it. I love the beaches along its coast. I love the bars and cafés and the vibrant nightlife. And the sight of the Acropolis at the heart of the city still takes my breath away.

I came back here the following month, and again in August, and again in November. On January 5th, 2010 (less than 8 months since my first visit) I moved here. No regrets at all.
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 21:38
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I would live here ... :) Apr 27, 2011

http://www.mamieyoung.com/dailydawdle/Maldives%20Underwater%20Suite%201.jpg

http://www.mamieyoung.com/dailydawdle/Maldives%20Underwater%20Suite%202.jpg

Francisca Bittner
Francisca Bittner
Chile
English to Spanish
Nice! Apr 27, 2011

María Roberto wrote:

http://www.manuelantoniopark.com/mapk/english/photogallery.html

Seadeta Osmani wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Just daydreaming:

Suppose you had a chance to choose a country/city/village on our Planet to move to, which one would it be?

I'm trying to make some decisions myself, so... any (un)reasonable examples of wishing and decision making would be sooo interesting to hear!

Seadeta

It looks wonderful... such paradise... well, I've never been in paradise (LOL), but I suppose that it must look like this...

Francisca Bittner
Francisca Bittner
Chile
English to Spanish
Middle East... Apr 27, 2011

I would love to move to Egypt...
Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Nile river, thousands of years of History and modernism all mixed up in one place...
Falafel, kibbeh, hummus, wara annab, baklava, shai tea...
Arab music...
A different culture and language to me...

... And perhaps a tender and handsome man! LOL...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which country/city/village would you like to move to?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »