Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Off topic: Which country/city/village would you like to move to?
Thread poster: Seadeta Osmani
Kata Koncz
Kata Koncz  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 00:03
Member (2008)
English to Hungarian
New Zealand Aug 16, 2009

Almost anywhere in New Zealand. The most beautiful place I've ever visited and the only one I've ever considered as a new home. But I have too many nice things at home and I also like the diversity of Europe. And I really don't want to add one more person (let alone three) to NZ's enchantingly scarce population (one of the reasons why I love it)

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:03
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Options Aug 16, 2009

1.- Porlamar, Venezuela
2.- Mérida, Venezuela
3.- Quito, Ecuador
4.- Veracruz, México

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:03
English to German
+ ...
Guadalajara, Mexico Aug 17, 2009

Now that I lived half a year in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, I will soon check out Guadalajara.

It seems they have a similarly mild climate and low costs of living, without having the regular power cuts and internet problems of Ethiopia.

I am very curious which problems I will encounter over there..

According to the newspapers, it might be too much lead in the air, but what did the
... See more
Now that I lived half a year in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, I will soon check out Guadalajara.

It seems they have a similarly mild climate and low costs of living, without having the regular power cuts and internet problems of Ethiopia.

According to the newspapers, it might be too much lead in the air, but what did the newspapers tell you about Addis Ababa?
Collapse

foghorn
foghorn
English to Turkish
+ ...
Reykjavík Aug 17, 2009

It's very hot in here:)

Helena Genel
Helena Genel
United States
Local time: 15:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Pacific Northwest Aug 17, 2009

And guess what? I'm already here! And I don't mind the rain.

On the other hand, I would like to spend summer or Christmas in Guadalajara, Mexico.

Harry Bornemann wrote:

According to the newspapers, it might be too much lead in the air, but what did the newspapers tell you about Addis Ababa?

Very nice city Harry, you're going to love it, especially the food.

biankonera
biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 01:03
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
Italy Aug 18, 2009

The West coast of Italy would be my choice - somewhere in the beautiful Tuscany or Torino or Rapallo.

Eleni Makantani
Eleni Makantani
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
Mediterranean Aug 18, 2009

I don't think I could live away from the Mediterranean. So, for a change, I would choose anywhere in Italy or southern France. Even though lately the region is getting hotter and hotter, especially Italy...

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:03
Swedish to English
+ ...
By the sea Aug 18, 2009

I wanted to include a song which says all about how I feel about the sea and open landscapes. Only searching through YouTube it looks like political parties I totally disagree with are claiming this song. So here's an image instead:

And

And here's the music without disagreeable political connections

Open landscapes, near the sea I want to live..

[Edited at 2009-08-18 20:32 GMT]
Collapse

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
German to English
+ ...
I'm still homesick... Aug 18, 2009

... for the Pacific Northwest, preferably off in the countryside where my neighbors are too far away to hit their houses with a high-powered slingshot (sorry, I'm not into assault rifles like many of them). But I think at this point I would miss Germany too much, so maybe I'll just raise my rates a bit and start saving to buy a few thousand hectares in the depopulating east for a bit of private hunting and fishing.

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
If the part you buy includes a few meters of North Sea coast Aug 18, 2009

Kevin Lossner wrote:

But I think at this point I would miss Germany too much, so maybe I'll just raise my rates a bit and start saving to buy a few thousand hectares in the depopulating east for a bit of private hunting and fishing.

Can we organise some kind of joint venture? Having spent the evening reminiscing whilst listening to music from my youth, I'll happily forego sun and heat for my childhood's dream of of the sea.

Madeleine (stuck in a North London suburb until my son's through his A levels - 4 years and counting - but there's always the man-made lake up the road)

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
German to English
+ ...
Seacoast it is then! Aug 18, 2009

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo wrote:
Can we organise some kind of joint venture? Having spent the evening reminiscing whilst listening to music from my youth, I'll happily forego sun and heat for my childhood's dream of of the sea.

The sea is a wonderful place to swim with the dogs, so I wouldn't mind a bit of the Baltic on those few thousand hectares. I grew up with the sun and sand of SoCal, and you can have it. I'll take clouds, rain and stormy coasts of more northerly climes any day.

María José Schamun (X)
María José Schamun (X)
Local time: 19:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Italy Aug 18, 2009

Art, nature, people... Everything is fantastic in that country!

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:03
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Ah, Pacific Northwest! Aug 19, 2009

Kevin Lossner wrote:
I'll take clouds, rain and stormy coasts of more northerly climes any day.

True Northwesterners hop into the Pacific at any time of the year. This is yours truly last March:

Of course you have to wear a coat.

analytical (X)
analytical (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:03
German to English
+ ...
A log cabin in the Pacific Northwest or within easy reach of Yellowstone Aug 20, 2009

I’m with you, Nancy Lynn, Ina, Marcela, Maria and Nicole! There’s nothing like the (Pacific) Northwest. Ocean, driftwood beaches, mountains, woods, even deserts and prairies.

For more than 30 years I have been dreaming about living in an energy-efficient log cabin someday. Back than, that log cabin stood in Vermont but since our first trip to the Pacific Northwest 10 years ago, it is somewhere along the Sunshine Coast near Vancouver, on Vancouver Island, or Portland, Orgeon (my
... See more
I’m with you, Nancy Lynn, Ina, Marcela, Maria and Nicole! There’s nothing like the (Pacific) Northwest. Ocean, driftwood beaches, mountains, woods, even deserts and prairies.

For more than 30 years I have been dreaming about living in an energy-efficient log cabin someday. Back than, that log cabin stood in Vermont but since our first trip to the Pacific Northwest 10 years ago, it is somewhere along the Sunshine Coast near Vancouver, on Vancouver Island, or Portland, Orgeon (my favorite ‘green' city). Or perhaps in Wilson, Wyoming, or Red Lodge, Montana, both within reach of Yellowstone.
Just need to win that lottery someday!

Greenland sounds interesting too, Paul (my favorite book is ‘Arctic Dreams’ by Barry Lopez).

Hi Nicole,

I just noticed that you live in Portland, OR. We were there about four weeks ago, during that heat wave!

[Edited at 2009-08-20 10:59 GMT]
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Duino, Italy Aug 20, 2009

A splendid place…

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which country/city/village would you like to move to?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »