Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Off topic: Which country/city/village would you like to move to?
Thread poster: Seadeta Osmani
Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 13:26
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Skopje or on a beach anywhere Mar 20, 2006

well... sounds like a big difference!

i am seriously thinking about moving back to skopje, macedonia, where i lived for a while a few years back. i might just do that, one day! soon... it is a large city, but not a huge one. it has all you can think of and - on top of it - great people, great food, great outings... great everything!

on the other hand, if i would win a lottery or something as serious as that, i would go to one of those islands - tourist destinations... w
... See more
well... sounds like a big difference!

i am seriously thinking about moving back to skopje, macedonia, where i lived for a while a few years back. i might just do that, one day! soon... it is a large city, but not a huge one. it has all you can think of and - on top of it - great people, great food, great outings... great everything!

on the other hand, if i would win a lottery or something as serious as that, i would go to one of those islands - tourist destinations... which ever! does not matter...

i would open a beach bar, with a small flat on top of it, and would serve home made breakfasts (as when you come to visit your aunt and are just hungry and she makes you whatever), very informal, very open...

i would work behind the bar and in the kitchen, would have a couple of really good looking waiters and would sing all day long. when i would get tired, i would go to the beach, under the "sunbrela" and would write books on my laptop (which i would probably upgrade to something more serious in comparison to the laptop i have now).

of course, where would be two tall, blue-eyed, wide-shouldered young man to provide massage, cocktails, fresh water, fruit and everything else i might require...

... i better go back to work!
Collapse

Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Local time: 15:26
Japanese to Turkish
+ ...
Hamilton Island Mar 20, 2006

http://www.hamiltonisland.com.au/default.asp?action=category&ID=10&order=rank&sort=asc&limit=0

They have a point henning and land also includes 10 yr marina perth. My only concern would be hi-speed internet. Sighhh...

Now back to reality. I have stuff to deliver...
See more
http://www.hamiltonisland.com.au/default.asp?action=category&ID=10&order=rank&sort=asc&limit=0

They have a point henning and land also includes 10 yr marina perth. My only concern would be hi-speed internet. Sighhh...

Now back to reality. I have stuff to deliver
Collapse

Tina Jylhä
Tina Jylhä  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Cuba Mar 20, 2006

Id love to live in Cuba for some time,
but it seems to be impossible because of bad internet connections and electric blackouts. But maybe one day...hopefully soon

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 12:26
oooh a tough one!! Mar 20, 2006

In Ireland, probably in Kilkenny city, as I love the medieval architecture of this town. However the shopping there is not that great, my only materialistic gripe.

Abroad ... if a fabulously well-paid job came up in Vienna, I might just pack up and go

Cecilia Paris
Cecilia Paris  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
My choice does not exist! Mar 20, 2006

In a land of no politicians, no corruption, no violence nor dishonesty...

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
I live in the most beautiful place I know Mar 20, 2006

Kraków, Poland. Now I only need to change everything around (politics, some people attitudes, etc).

A good idea would be to have Ireland around Kraków.

Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
I'm moving to Honolulu Mar 20, 2006

Yeah, it's true... I'm moving to Hawaii in September... It sounds like a dream, but I don't know if I will like it there. I've never been there! Currently I live in Portugal, I moved here a year ago. I came from Holland and I immediately loved it here. My happiness definitely depends on the place where I live.
But I would like to live in the woods. I just love trees.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 08:26
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Canada's coasts Mar 20, 2006

If you like trees, like Maaike Anne, you would like the west coast - virgin forest, Rocky Mountains... the Pacific, so majestic.

The east coast is far more populated, rolling hills, farmland, lots of Irish and French influence... the Atlantic, so busy.

My friend was just telling me about the differences in seafood restaurants on our coasts, and we noted that in Halifax, you get English style fish and chips, and in Vancouver, you get sushi.

Note to Du
... See more
If you like trees, like Maaike Anne, you would like the west coast - virgin forest, Rocky Mountains... the Pacific, so majestic.

The east coast is far more populated, rolling hills, farmland, lots of Irish and French influence... the Atlantic, so busy.

My friend was just telling me about the differences in seafood restaurants on our coasts, and we noted that in Halifax, you get English style fish and chips, and in Vancouver, you get sushi.

Note to Dusica: I'm still waiting for you to open up shop! Sounds like heaven, I may move there, if you set up child care

Saedeta: where are you looking to relocate?

Nancy
Collapse

Seadeta Osmani
Seadeta Osmani  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Soooo interesting! Mar 20, 2006

People, this is so interesting! So, I guess I'm not the only one daydreaming? Or is it daydreaming at all???

Marcela García Henríquez
Marcela García Henríquez
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Victoria, British Columbia Mar 20, 2006

That´s where I´d like to live someday. I went to college there and loved it.

M.

Seadeta Osmani
Seadeta Osmani  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Turkey Mar 20, 2006

NancyLynn wrote:

Saedeta: where are you looking to relocate?

Nancy

Believe it or not, Nancy, I'm hoping for Turkey. So far, the only country I have visited that makes my heart tick (well, I have not travelled all that much, Europe only). I'm in that wishing position- I have no idea about possibilities there, anything from legal stuff to renting a living space (by the way, any tips or hints would be valuable). Been to Kalkan and Kas, south Turkey, last summer and loved it. Sea is something I almost depend on...

Of course, Hawaii or equivalent would also be an option for me but when faced with reality... oh, well...

Prawi
Prawi  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Italian
I moved to Vienna.. Mar 20, 2006

almost twenty years ago, it had always been my dream, and it was the right decision. Never regretted any single moment. But tomorrow.. who knows? As NancyLynn said: Go where the spirit takes you.

Paola

María Roberto (X)
María Roberto (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Imagine Mar 20, 2006

(…) You may say I´m a dreamer,
but I´m not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Hi Haluk Aka:

How about snorkelling or Scuba – Diving at Hamilton Island?

Warm or cold water?

س
... See more
(…) You may say I´m a dreamer,
but I´m not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Hi Haluk Aka:

How about snorkelling or Scuba – Diving at Hamilton Island?

Warm or cold water?

سَلام

María
http://www.enjoy-patagonia.org/puerto-madryn.php
Collapse

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
The Border Mar 20, 2006

Someone might want to consider this place. The climate is not tropical and the water is cold, but it is quite comfortable all year round. The landscape is spectacular. Its also very close to MIIS, perhaps the best school in the US for T&I.

http://www.carmelcalifornia.com/

It's also my birthplace and where I am right now, but I'm ready to go back to the border where I actually li
... See more
Someone might want to consider this place. The climate is not tropical and the water is cold, but it is quite comfortable all year round. The landscape is spectacular. Its also very close to MIIS, perhaps the best school in the US for T&I.

http://www.carmelcalifornia.com/

It's also my birthplace and where I am right now, but I'm ready to go back to the border where I actually live.

Maybe you want to rent (I'm not selling)?

A word of warning... it's not cheap!
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
SLC / Maastricht / Mexico / California / Prague / Kiel (?) Mar 20, 2006

I was just back where I love to be: Salt Lake City, Utah. The nature - the mixture of mountains and desert - is simply awesome! I love the cowboy-feel of just about anywhere in the inter-mountain region. I love the snow in the winter and the heat in the summer and the sun all year long. The only thing that's missing is the ocean (in spite of its size, the Great Salt Lake doesn't really count). I could imagine living there (again).

Speaking of ocean and sun, I also love being in Play
... See more
I was just back where I love to be: Salt Lake City, Utah. The nature - the mixture of mountains and desert - is simply awesome! I love the cowboy-feel of just about anywhere in the inter-mountain region. I love the snow in the winter and the heat in the summer and the sun all year long. The only thing that's missing is the ocean (in spite of its size, the Great Salt Lake doesn't really count). I could imagine living there (again).

Speaking of ocean and sun, I also love being in Playa del Carmen (or just about anywhere else) in Mexico. I love the people, the food and the language, even if I can't speak a word of it. I could imagine living there.

In Europe I really like Maastricht in the Netherlands; what a cool city! It's small enough, but has a totally international feeling. It seems to be close to just about everywhere and it happens to be a great place to go shopping - at least that's what my wife tells me. I could imagine living there.

San Diego, California is also a very nice place to be; I love the eternally good weather. I could imagine living there.

Hmmm... Prague really struck my fancy ten years ago. I could imagine living there.

Kiel, Germany is pretty cool, I guess. I could imagine living there - oh wait, I do.

Daydreaming is fun - thanks!

[Edited at 2006-03-20 21:21]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which country/city/village would you like to move to?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »