Off topic: Quad-SIM phone
Thread poster: Daniel Frisano

Daniel Frisano
Switzerland
Local time: 03:47
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 26, 2017

My old quad-SIM phone is falling apart and I need a new one. Unfortunately LG doesn't make this model anymore. Anybody knows where I can get a basic phone (no smartphone) with 4 SIM slots?

 

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:47
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Google "quad-sim phone" Oct 26, 2017

You'll fine several, including here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-C299-Quad-Sim-Qwerty/dp/B00IYW7GVC


 

Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
4 SIM cards Oct 26, 2017

Daniel Frisano wrote:

My old quad-SIM phone is falling apart and I need a new one. Unfortunately LG doesn't make this model anymore. Anybody knows where I can get a basic phone (no smartphone) with 4 SIM slots?


I am thinking of buying a double SIM card phone next week. Do you actually use four different phone numbers? A quadruple life?




 

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:47
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Help yourself: Oct 26, 2017

quadphone

 

Daniel Frisano
Switzerland
Local time: 03:47
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Duh Oct 26, 2017

Jack Doughty wrote:

You'll fine several, including here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-C299-Quad-Sim-Qwerty/dp/B00IYW7GVC


Googling! Yes! Brilliant suggestion - who would have ever thought of that??

Now, I realize I should have been more specific: I am looking for something that is not (1) out of production, (2) out of stock, (3) generally unavailable.

Guess I'll have to follow Matthias' advice...


 

Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bit of advice Oct 26, 2017

Daniel Frisano wrote:

Jack Doughty wrote:

You'll fine several, including here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-C299-Quad-Sim-Qwerty/dp/B00IYW7GVC


Googling! Yes! Brilliant suggestion - who would have ever thought of that??

Now, I realize I should have been more specific: I am looking for something that is not (1) out of production, (2) out of stock, (3) generally unavailable.

Guess I'll have to follow Matthias' advice...


Just don't go bananas over it



(rimshot)


 

Daniel Frisano
Switzerland
Local time: 03:47
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
4x Oct 26, 2017

Mario Chavez wrote:

Do you actually use four different phone numbers? A quadruple life?



Yup! Four numbers, four ringtones:

Italy - Whole Lotta Shaking Going On (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Monaco - Oh Boy! (Buddy Holly)
Switzerland - Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry)
Spain - In the Summertime (Mungo Jerry)


 

Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
America's cellphones Oct 26, 2017

Daniel Frisano wrote:

Mario Chavez wrote:

Do you actually use four different phone numbers? A quadruple life?



Yup! Four numbers, four ringtones:

Italy - Whole Lotta Shaking Going On (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Monaco - Oh Boy! (Buddy Holly)
Switzerland - Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry)
Spain - In the Summertime (Mungo Jerry)


You lead a rockin' cellphone life, Daniel.

Alas, we in America only have one SIM slot in our cellphones, no matter the brand, whether it's basic or smartphone. A shame.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quad-SIM phone

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search