Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:29
English to French
+ ...
Sep 20, 2015

Hello,

I'm thinking about settling in Montreal and was wondering if it was possible to find an appartment before moving and the prices that would be normal for an appartment (2 rooms, kitchen, and bathroom) ?

Thanks in advance!

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Craigslist Sep 20, 2015

Dear Mohamed,
I wish you the best in making your decision. Montreal is a fascinating and cosmopolitan city.
To get an overview of apartments, you can check the on-line editions of the English language Gazette Classifieds at montrealgazette.com, or the French language LaPresse lapresse.ca. For a rough idea, you can also look at the listings on craigslist for Montreal. Go to craigslist.com and navigate to Montreal and then apartments. The plus here is that it shows pictures.
... See more
Dear Mohamed,
I wish you the best in making your decision. Montreal is a fascinating and cosmopolitan city.
To get an overview of apartments, you can check the on-line editions of the English language Gazette Classifieds at montrealgazette.com, or the French language LaPresse lapresse.ca. For a rough idea, you can also look at the listings on craigslist for Montreal. Go to craigslist.com and navigate to Montreal and then apartments. The plus here is that it shows pictures. However, be warned that sometimes craigslist properties are scams, so be sure not to make any commitments or send any money until you are completely certain of the legitimacy of the offer. I imagine this holds true for the newspapers as well, but craigslist can be particularly dicey. By the way-- you will often see apartment ads in Montreal for a 3 1/2 or 41/2 etc. room apartment. The 1/2 is the bathroom--not a "half bath," but a complete bathroom. Another good reason to read the newspapers is to get a better idea of what Montreal has to offer. Since you work in Arabic, I see that there is an Arabic language newspaper published in Montreal as well. It is http://www.alakhbar.ca/. It might give you some ideas as well.

[Edited at 2015-09-20 16:59 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:29
English to Thai
+ ...
Istanbul ? Sep 21, 2015

Jessica Noyes wrote:

Dear Mohamed,
To get an overview of apartments, you can check the on-line editions of the English language Gazette Classifieds at montrealgazette.com, or the French language LaPresse lapresse.ca. For a rough idea, you can also look at the listings on craigslist for Montreal. Go to craigslist.com and navigate to Montreal and then apartments.

Thanks.
I plan to stay for a while in Istanbul, Turkey. Your resource is quite helpful for me to seek moderate apartments.

Soonthon L.

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:29
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 24, 2015

Thank you for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Renting an appartment in Montreal

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »