Off topic: The "benefits and wonders" of working as an employee...
Thread poster: Serena Basili
Serena Basili
Serena Basili  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 06:33
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 18, 2015

Sorry in advance for the outburst which follows, but I need to say:

Is it really THAT difficult to understand that

1) if my mothertongue is ITALIAN I can't check grammar and lexicon of an ENGLISH TEXT (plus: the Italian version DOES NOT EXIST, the document was written by an Italian living in the US!);

2) I CAN'T TRANSLATE THE DOCUMENT INTO GERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BTW translating it from the Italian version I have to provide)...
See more
Sorry in advance for the outburst which follows, but I need to say:

Is it really THAT difficult to understand that

1) if my mothertongue is ITALIAN I can't check grammar and lexicon of an ENGLISH TEXT (plus: the Italian version DOES NOT EXIST, the document was written by an Italian living in the US!);

2) I CAN'T TRANSLATE THE DOCUMENT INTO GERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BTW translating it from the Italian version I have to provide)

??????

Apparently, for my boss IT REALLY IS. (*array of facepalms*)

Last, but not least.....I was asked to correct possible mistakes, but the file is a PDF and the author hasn't made an editable version OBVIOUSLY, so I will have to COMMENT EVERY SINGLE MISTAKE/MISSPELLING/THING I DON'T LIKE (*the array of facepalms has just become my head hitting directly the desk*)

From a hopeless translator looking forward to becoming freelance (and to BEING ABLE to refuse such jobs)!

[Edited at 2015-06-18 14:31 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The "benefits and wonders" of working as an employee...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »