Off topic: Can America's wage inequality be solved by sharing our salaries online
Thread poster: Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 01:41
Romanian to English
+ ...
May 2, 2015

This seems to be an interesting topic that breaks down the American social taboo surrounding salaries.

What do you think?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/01/talkpay-hashtag-twitter-worker-wages-titles-lauren-voswinkel?CMP=ema_565

Neirda
Neirda  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 13:41
Chinese to French
+ ...
Naive at best May 5, 2015

This equals to saying wage inequality boils down to one factor being secrecy.
Which is a bit naive but honestly, so are most of the feel good "movements" social networks seem to feed on.

If people think they're being underpaid, it's their right to ask for a raise as far as I know. Just maybe be prepared to take no for an answer and have a contingency plan (but I think the whole point was to dodge that part).
That's called "real time social interaction between people",
... See more
This equals to saying wage inequality boils down to one factor being secrecy.
Which is a bit naive but honestly, so are most of the feel good "movements" social networks seem to feed on.

If people think they're being underpaid, it's their right to ask for a raise as far as I know. Just maybe be prepared to take no for an answer and have a contingency plan (but I think the whole point was to dodge that part).
That's called "real time social interaction between people", hashtag "thathorrificeventlikelytohappenoff-lineandgetthingsdoneforreal.

[Edited at 2015-05-05 01:39 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can America's wage inequality be solved by sharing our salaries online

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »