Off topic: Recommended aggregator websites from other countries?
Thread poster: Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2014

When taking a break, I often read articles in on-line sites that collect short articles on various topics. Twenty years ago, I might have flipped through a magazine, but these sites offer the same variety of information, entertainment, and opinion. I am not recommending them, but the sites I go to are salon.com, slate.com, jezebel.com, and sometimes Huffington Post (although it has 'way too many beacons, widgets, and ads monitoring me). In any case, these sites are very U.S. centered, and I woul... See more
When taking a break, I often read articles in on-line sites that collect short articles on various topics. Twenty years ago, I might have flipped through a magazine, but these sites offer the same variety of information, entertainment, and opinion. I am not recommending them, but the sites I go to are salon.com, slate.com, jezebel.com, and sometimes Huffington Post (although it has 'way too many beacons, widgets, and ads monitoring me). In any case, these sites are very U.S. centered, and I would like to bookmark some new world-wide sites that contain similar material.
Does anyone out there have some suggestions for other English sites from other countries such as the U.K. and South Africa; as well as sites with Spanish, French (including Quebec), and German content? (If I am going to read trivial material, I might as well be working on my languages as well.)
I appreciate any suggestions, and if there is anyone else who would like to request or suggest sites in languages other than these, it would broaden the scope of this thread nicely.
Thanks in advance, Jessica
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:48
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
German content Jan 24, 2014

For a German view on the world and also on German topics, you can try:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/

Victoria Britten
Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:48
French to English
+ ...
Le Huffington Post Jan 24, 2014

With French titbits

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/

Tim Friese
Tim Friese  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:48
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
jadaliyya Jan 29, 2014

Jadaliyya is a nice site with English, Arabic, and a bit of French content on the Middle East.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommended aggregator websites from other countries?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »