Thread poster: smarinella
smarinella
smarinella  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:47
German to Italian
+ ...
Jan 16, 2014

My question has nothing to do with translation. My cousin, in financial difficulties after her husband’s death - and after being fired - asked me to help her to rent a small apartment near Rome for short stay.

The idea isn’t bad at all, but besides www.homeaway. com (rather expensive) I don’t know any other portal where she could offer her flat. Could you please help her by suggesting different
... See more
My question has nothing to do with translation. My cousin, in financial difficulties after her husband’s death - and after being fired - asked me to help her to rent a small apartment near Rome for short stay.

The idea isn’t bad at all, but besides www.homeaway. com (rather expensive) I don’t know any other portal where she could offer her flat. Could you please help her by suggesting different links (with other without fees, in EN/DE/FR or other languages) concerning vacation rentals?

You can also write to me privately, if you prefer. Many thanks in advance!
Collapse

Virginie Lochou
Virginie Lochou  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Airbnb? Jan 16, 2014

Hi there smarinella,

Maybe your cousin could consider airbnb? Registration is free and the company only takes a small commission on confirmed bookings (around 3% I believe).

For the French market, your cousin can post an rental offer on Le Bon Coin for free (http://www.leboncoin.fr/) - no commission required on bookings at all. The website is widely used in France to buy/sell things an
... See more
Hi there smarinella,

Maybe your cousin could consider airbnb? Registration is free and the company only takes a small commission on confirmed bookings (around 3% I believe).

For the French market, your cousin can post an rental offer on Le Bon Coin for free (http://www.leboncoin.fr/) - no commission required on bookings at all. The website is widely used in France to buy/sell things and offer services, but it offers next to no guarantee if the buyers or sellers aren't serious.

Best of luck,
Virginie
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 12:47
Dutch to English
+ ...
vrbo Jan 16, 2014

I have had good experiences with vrbo for vacation rentals. It may be possible to negotiate a special rate for a longer stay with the property owner.

smarinella
smarinella  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
any other suggestion? Jan 18, 2014

thanks a lot to Virginie and Tina for their suggestions - I already gave them to my cousin, who is very grateful and is going to contact the portals.

If colleagues know other portals, also smaller, from specific countries, their contributions are more than welcome!

Maybe it's also interesting for other prozians to get to know where they can book their holidays....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

links and resources for vacation rentals

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »