LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:30
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2013

http://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/language/data/language_map.html

I found this interesting - based on the 2011 American Community Survey data, the US Census Bureau has published mapping data of the concentrations of speakers of various languages, with a breakdown of overall speakers of the language and those who identify their English as "less than very goo
... See more
http://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/language/data/language_map.html

I found this interesting - based on the 2011 American Community Survey data, the US Census Bureau has published mapping data of the concentrations of speakers of various languages, with a breakdown of overall speakers of the language and those who identify their English as "less than very good".

Closing the explanatory pop-up that appears in the middle will allow you to proceed to selecting the desired language and level. You can zoom in and out and adjust the map background as desired.
Collapse

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Neat Aug 19, 2013

Thus making the US the second largest Spanish speaking country in the world, second only to Mexico in number of native Spanish speakers.

So do I live in my source or target language country?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

US Census Bureau Language Mapper tool

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »