Thread poster: Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 21, 2012

My in-box has been experiencing a flurry of year end greetings and newsletters from several agencies -- none of whom I have ever done a job for. These are the ones for whom I filled out my life history and who solemnly promised to enter me in their data bases. Meanwhile, the agencies who often send me work limit their verbiage to a simple "Happy Holidays," or the like from the project manager -- at the end of an acknowledgement of one more completed job.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 06:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
Going through the motions Dec 21, 2012

Yes, to me it's just another example of how this kind of agency simply goes through the motions of being touchly-feely, when they really couldn't care less about their freelancers and just send out the message to everyobe in their DB.

Luckily enough, I mostly only get greetings from actual clients and colleagues, who I believe do mean the sentiments expressed - although yesterday I got one from an agency I don't remember ever working for. I took the opportunity to photoshop theirs
... See more
Yes, to me it's just another example of how this kind of agency simply goes through the motions of being touchly-feely, when they really couldn't care less about their freelancers and just send out the message to everyobe in their DB.

Luckily enough, I mostly only get greetings from actual clients and colleagues, who I believe do mean the sentiments expressed - although yesterday I got one from an agency I don't remember ever working for. I took the opportunity to photoshop theirs into a personalised one of my own, inserting my details instead of theirs, as the background was nice and festive

And while we're at it - Season's Greetings to everyone on, in or at proz!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Year end greetings and newsletters

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »