https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/235339-pinocchio_prizes_les_amis_de_la_terre.html&phpv_redirected=1

Off topic: Pinocchio Prizes - Les Amis de la Terre
Thread poster: Alison Sparks (X)
Alison Sparks (X)
Alison Sparks (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:21
French to English
+ ...
Oct 16, 2012

Les Amis de la Terre will be launching their 2012 Pinocchio Prizes very shortly - probably tomorrow - am awaiting confirmation. I've been helping with the translations (as a volunteer) and have found the subjects fascinating.

As you can imagine from the name it's all to do with telling 'fibs', and nine major French companies are the nominees.

I don't think the winners will be terribly happy though as it's not the sort of prize any company should aim for....
See more
Les Amis de la Terre will be launching their 2012 Pinocchio Prizes very shortly - probably tomorrow - am awaiting confirmation. I've been helping with the translations (as a volunteer) and have found the subjects fascinating.

As you can imagine from the name it's all to do with telling 'fibs', and nine major French companies are the nominees.

I don't think the winners will be terribly happy though as it's not the sort of prize any company should aim for.

For those interested in environmental and ecological matters its worth taking a look and perhaps casting a vote. www.prix-pinocchio.org

Have a nice day all.
Collapse

OlivierParrot
OlivierParrot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2012)
Japanese to French
+ ...
I didn't know these Oct 16, 2012

Looks interesting...
Thanks for the link and good luck to all the contenders!

Alison Sparks (X)
Alison Sparks (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Voting is Underway Oct 18, 2012

This year's voting is now underway. Apparently les Amis had a few technical hitches with the web site so it was delayed until this morning.

Do have a look, and please vote if the subjects interest you.

The site is in French and English.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pinocchio Prizes - Les Amis de la Terre

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »