Dmitrie Highduke
Dmitrie Highduke  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 20:52
Member (2008)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
May 31, 2012

Hi folks! Just wondering - is there anybody going to visit this event? It's coming but no one seems to mention it... Translators don't shout?

Yigit Ati
Yigit Ati  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:52
English to Turkish
+ ...
I will be there! May 31, 2012

Although my heart is broken because Turkey couldn't qualify for the tournament, I can't miss such an event as a big football fan!

I am planning to watch the games that will be held in Poland.

I hope Germany will end Spain's domination in the world of Football.

Go Germany! Go Mesut Özil!

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:52
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Sadly, it is Jun 1, 2012

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz wrote:

If I was paying the BBC license fees, I'd be really, really angry right now. This is not what their mission is all about.

Trash journalism is exactly what the BBC is about these days. As just one example, there was a story on the BBC site recently about the new England football manager that started with an introductory statement that the journalist had completely made up and upon which he then went on to build an entire article.

To answer the actual question - I will be avidly watching the tournament on TV, but probably with the sound down to avoid having to listen to the spectators whistling inanely every time the opposing side has the ball!

Adam Pielach
Adam Pielach  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:52
Polish to English
+ ...
People belive in TV Jun 1, 2012

The truth is that BBC is hardened lefty. It is widely known that BBC made, makes and will make poor quality "documentaries" in order to amuse the public, which always believes in everything what is displayed on TV. That's sad, but it's not only in case of UK, but the whole world. Its like: "Mr X from 'Good morning America' said that Lego is bad for our children health, because it contains large amount of hazardous compounds, I won't allow Billy to play with it!". The main factor could be the lev... See more
The truth is that BBC is hardened lefty. It is widely known that BBC made, makes and will make poor quality "documentaries" in order to amuse the public, which always believes in everything what is displayed on TV. That's sad, but it's not only in case of UK, but the whole world. Its like: "Mr X from 'Good morning America' said that Lego is bad for our children health, because it contains large amount of hazardous compounds, I won't allow Billy to play with it!". The main factor could be the level of people education and then their consciousness. We can't be blinded by everything is served on a silver plate, but to separate wheat from the chaff.

I agree that such incidents happens on the Polish/Ukraine stadiums, but once or twice a year and mostly during low level league games, where the hooligans set the final score, not the players. And why England accuses Poland and Ukraine for hooligan problems, while they had the same ten years ago, have they forgot?

Poland obiously is those 10 years after UK, but it's Governmet's inefficiency. As someone previously mentioned, tickets were drawn and unable to be bought and even if - they are too expensive for those "hooligans". In addition to that, each stadium has its own security systems and it is impossible to bring with you some dangerous items or weapons.

I hope that those who will come to Euro 2012 will have a great time!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UEFA EURO 2012

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »