Off topic: A unique dish: lees-seasoned chicken wing
Thread poster: yonderer
yonderer
yonderer
Local time: 00:04
Chinese to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2012

A sophisticated sinner of gluttony, I could never and will never resist the temptation of a potentially yummy cuisine. Being born into a family faithfully honoring the culinary art of Shaoxin, an eastern coastal area of China that is home to a whole collection of lees-seasoned dishes, I had proudly developed a stomach for and harbored fond memories of lees-seasoned chicken, a signature cuisine of my grandpa, while shamefully lacking the skills necessary to the cooking thereof.

�
... See more
A sophisticated sinner of gluttony, I could never and will never resist the temptation of a potentially yummy cuisine. Being born into a family faithfully honoring the culinary art of Shaoxin, an eastern coastal area of China that is home to a whole collection of lees-seasoned dishes, I had proudly developed a stomach for and harbored fond memories of lees-seasoned chicken, a signature cuisine of my grandpa, while shamefully lacking the skills necessary to the cooking thereof.

This proud-shameful scenario was in the past. Now, thanks to the ready-made bottled lees seasoning easily available in almost every Chinese supermarket in Toronto, even a dummy sous-sous-chef like me is able to produce a tasteful dish with the title "lees-seasoned something", in four simple steps:

1. Boil what you want seasoned with ginger and spring oinions until reasonablly cooked;

2. Place the boiled material in a container and let it cool thoroughly;

3. Immerse the cooled material completely in lees seasoning with some zanthoxylum (Sichuan pepper)
  4. Wait for two hours or longer before indulging (the longer, the tastier)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A unique dish: lees-seasoned chicken wing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »