Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:46
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 10, 2011

Hello,

I am looking for some good free-of-charge podcasts of children's stories and/or fairy tales for my children (boy aged 6, girl aged 4). At this moment, I am mainly looking for some bedtime stories, so they shouldn't be too loud or contain too many funny sounds, but if you know of great free children's podcasts with lots of boom and bang, I'll also happily accept your recommendation.

What I mean by 'good' is mainly clear pronunciation and fairly high recording qual
... See more
Hello,

I am looking for some good free-of-charge podcasts of children's stories and/or fairy tales for my children (boy aged 6, girl aged 4). At this moment, I am mainly looking for some bedtime stories, so they shouldn't be too loud or contain too many funny sounds, but if you know of great free children's podcasts with lots of boom and bang, I'll also happily accept your recommendation.

What I mean by 'good' is mainly clear pronunciation and fairly high recording quality so that apart from hearing nice stories, my children can improve their English.

British English preferred, but not to the point of excluding American.

Thank you,
Maciek
Collapse

De la Vera C (X)
De la Vera C (X)
Argentina
Local time: 11:46
English to Spanish
Videos Jun 10, 2011

Hi, Maciek. Here´s a link to an ESL site I discovered some days ago. Not exactly podcasts, but the videos seem to be interesting and you (and your kids!) might find them useful.

http://www.englishcentral.com/watch#/list/5-social-english/85-children

Good luck!

Vero

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:46
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
mp3s Jun 10, 2011

Hi Maciek,

http://www.astoryforbedtime.com/

has lots of books read by parents. The ones I downloaded sounded Irish.
Good luck!

De la Vera C (X)
De la Vera C (X)
Argentina
Local time: 11:46
English to Spanish
And...? Nov 13, 2011

I have no idea whether Marjolein´s or my idea turned out to be useful for your kids, but at least I would have liked to know...

Vero

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Children Story/Fairy Tale Podcasts Needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »