Thread poster: Stéphanie Denton (X)
Stéphanie Denton (X)
Stéphanie Denton (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:47
French to English
+ ...
Apr 8, 2011

Is there anybody out there? I don't know many linguists in Lincoln, and thought it would be interesting to maybe go for coffee and have a mini "reunion" every now and then.

Interested?

Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
one here Apr 8, 2011

I Live just outside Lincoln

Stéphanie Denton (X)
Stéphanie Denton (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Woop... Apr 8, 2011

Steve Booth wrote:

I Live just outside Lincoln

...Yes, I did actually just woop!

Where do you live? I'm right in Lincoln, top end, near the Bail.

Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Pow wow Apr 10, 2011

Steph,why don't you put this in the Pow Wow forum
Suzi

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:47
Portuguese to English
+ ...
PowWow Jun 8, 2011

I was going to suggest this (you organising a PowWow) but Susanna beat me to it.

If you have never attended or organised a PowWow, please bear in mind that they are excellent opportunities for networking. I am a regular PowWow attendee and organiser in São Paulo, Brazil and surrounding areas. You can read about one of the PowWows I organised at http://www.proz.com/powwow_report/2660.
... See more
I was going to suggest this (you organising a PowWow) but Susanna beat me to it.

If you have never attended or organised a PowWow, please bear in mind that they are excellent opportunities for networking. I am a regular PowWow attendee and organiser in São Paulo, Brazil and surrounding areas. You can read about one of the PowWows I organised at http://www.proz.com/powwow_report/2660.

I have just seen the list of UK PowWows and seen there has recently been one in Lincoln: http://www.proz.com/powwow_report/3752. Although it does seem very Russian-oriented, at least it could be a start for new contacts.

Basically, to organise a PowWow just pick a good venue in your area and with good transport links (typically a restaurant although PowWows in translators' homes, parks etc are not unknown) and those interested would just sign up. The usual arrangement is for each person to pay his or her own bill.

PAUL
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Linguists in Linconshire, UK

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »