Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:34
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Mar 6, 2011

Hi all,

I am planning on going to London in May, with my husband and my 11 year old boy. Can someone reccommend me a good hotel, in the centre of London not too expensive?

Thanks a million and have a great Sunday!

Ligia

Paula Dana Szabados
Paula Dana Szabados  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:34
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
St.Giles Mar 6, 2011

Hi Ligia,

I stayed here four years ago and it was ok, though the rooms are small. But it is central.

http://centrallondon.stgiles.com/default.aspx?pg=hotel

Dana

Ricardo Gouveia
Ricardo Gouveia  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:34
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Holiday Inn Mar 6, 2011

I personally recommend this hotel chain, there are many Holiday Inn hotels and they are great and everything you need, everything clean and in good condition - in fact, that was my main problem when I went last holidays to London. Most hotels I saw in the Internet that fitted my budget had reasonable reviews, but when I saw them on youtube amateur videos, there were rats, unwalkable rooms, everything unclean, used condoms on the floor and so on.
We ended up in the only Holiday Inn in Zones
... See more
I personally recommend this hotel chain, there are many Holiday Inn hotels and they are great and everything you need, everything clean and in good condition - in fact, that was my main problem when I went last holidays to London. Most hotels I saw in the Internet that fitted my budget had reasonable reviews, but when I saw them on youtube amateur videos, there were rats, unwalkable rooms, everything unclean, used condoms on the floor and so on.
We ended up in the only Holiday Inn in Zones 1-2 that was still available, and found it great. It was in the Wandsworth area, but I am sure there are more, it had the train station and buses to the center very near.

We used a bus to Victoria and it took us 15-20 minutes from the hotel to get to Piccadilly Circus or Waterloo.

Good luck and enjoy your trip to the most amazing city my eyes have seen. ^^

[Editado em 2011-03-06 20:59 GMT]
Collapse

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:34
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sites Mar 11, 2011

Dear Lígia,

I am not familiar with London, except on day trips, as my family is based in Coventry, but here are two sites (in Portuguese) that may be a help:

www.leros.co.uk

Click on Páginas Verde-Amarelas and then Acomodação/Alojamento

www.oilondres.com.br
Te
... See more
Dear Lígia,

I am not familiar with London, except on day trips, as my family is based in Coventry, but here are two sites (in Portuguese) that may be a help:

www.leros.co.uk

Click on Páginas Verde-Amarelas and then Acomodação/Alojamento

www.oilondres.com.br
Telephone São Paulo ++ 55 11 3285-5523

Click on Hotéis

http://www.visitlondon.com/accommodation/ (in English)

I agree with Ricardo that London is a great city, but probably only the second "most amazing" after Rio de Janeiro.

I hope this has helped.

PAUL
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accomodation in London

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »