Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Nov 10, 2010

In the 1980's I read a novel about the USA, and I even believe the title was 'USA', but I cannot find such a book any more. It depicts some characters during the first decades of the 20th century, one pilot from WWI and the development of Atlantic City. I thought the author was F. Scott Fitzgerald, but I must be wrong, because there is no such novel in his record.
Does anyone have any idea what novel I'm talking about? It had about 1000 pages. Should be a classic, because it was in a publi
... See more
In the 1980's I read a novel about the USA, and I even believe the title was 'USA', but I cannot find such a book any more. It depicts some characters during the first decades of the 20th century, one pilot from WWI and the development of Atlantic City. I thought the author was F. Scott Fitzgerald, but I must be wrong, because there is no such novel in his record.
Does anyone have any idea what novel I'm talking about? It had about 1000 pages. Should be a classic, because it was in a public library in Finland.

I'm just curious, because there is a tv series about Atlantic City, and I would like to read the book again.

Regards
Heinrich
Collapse

Gary Varney
Gary Varney  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:00
Czech to English
+ ...
Off topic: Novel about Atlantic City Nov 10, 2010

Heinrich,

This would be "The USA Trilogy" by John Dos Passos. The three books are "The 42nd Parallel," "1919," and "The Big Money."

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Nov 10, 2010

Thank you Gary, Dos Passos it was.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Novel about Atlantic City

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »