Thread poster: Jennifer Taylor
Jennifer Taylor
Jennifer Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:13
Czech to English
+ ...
Aug 16, 2010

A designer friend sent me a link to this site, and it is actually for designers. However, as freelancers, we can definitely sympathise!

www.clientsfromhell.net

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:13
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
:) Aug 16, 2010

thanks for sharing Jennifer.
My favourite:

"But I really love your style, I don’t think I’ll get that from a beginner. Can you recommend someone who does work just like yours but for the price I’m offering to pay?"

Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thank you Jennifer. Aug 16, 2010

Can't stop reading.

Mr Murray (X)
Mr Murray (X)
Italy
Italian to English
Those are good... Aug 16, 2010

I enjoyed reading a lot of those.

My fave is:

Client: ”…and I’d like to offer the website in Italian.
Me: ”Are we going to be offering services in Italy?
Client: “No. But it will make us look more professional and sophisticated. People will think that we’re Italian and that our food is good.

Thanks for posting the link.

aronakos
aronakos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:13
English to Hungarian
+ ...
You made my day :-) Aug 16, 2010

I'm currently working on a 21 pages long bank account activity report, so this fun just came in time.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
:D Aug 17, 2010

Had a great laugh, thanks for sharing.

We should compile the same gem list by translation clients. I could contribute with quite a few from my own collection.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:13
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Beautifulbeautifulbeautiful!! Aug 18, 2010

Thanks so much for this link!

I would like to add some gems from my former life at advertising agencies:

- There was this customer, holding a slide with a photo of his company building, asking if we could save money on photography by printing the photo reversed so we can see the back of the building as well.

- There was this customer (we were working on the interior design of busses and light
... See more
Thanks so much for this link!

I would like to add some gems from my former life at advertising agencies:

- There was this customer, holding a slide with a photo of his company building, asking if we could save money on photography by printing the photo reversed so we can see the back of the building as well.

- There was this customer (we were working on the interior design of busses and light rail and we were about to decide on the fabric pattern for the passenger seats) who turned a sample piece of diagonally striped fabric upside down, and upside down, and upside down... to see if the stripes would point into the opposite direction.

- There was this customer for whom we had prepared a company presentation (back then there was no such thing as PowerPoint and everybody worked with 35 mm slides) holding such a slide in his hand and showing it to us from across the room because he was not happy with the font size. "Can you read this slide?" "No." "I told you! The font size is too small!"

This is not a joke.
Collapse

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 10:13
Japanese to English
Oh my... Oct 3, 2010

"Please remove the images of black people as all of our clients are white."
Oh dear...

Reading that site reminds me why I left advertising as soon as I could.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Funny site - clients from hell

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »