Off topic: Wedding wishes in Danish please
Thread poster: Ana Cuesta
Ana Cuesta
Ana Cuesta  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:13
English to Spanish
Jul 15, 2010

My brother is getting married to a Dane in Danemark and I would like to include some sort of Wedding wishes in Danish in a card to send along with their gift, but I am getting a bit lost searching in Google...

Would something like TILLYKKE MED BRYLLUPSDAGEN be ok? Would you suggest something else? (with translation into English, please).

Thanks a lot in advance and apologies for not posting this in Kudoz but since is outside my language pair and I wasn't able to post it
... See more
My brother is getting married to a Dane in Danemark and I would like to include some sort of Wedding wishes in Danish in a card to send along with their gift, but I am getting a bit lost searching in Google...

Would something like TILLYKKE MED BRYLLUPSDAGEN be ok? Would you suggest something else? (with translation into English, please).

Thanks a lot in advance and apologies for not posting this in Kudoz but since is outside my language pair and I wasn't able to post it there.
Collapse

Brian Young
Brian Young  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:13
Danish to English
Go for it! Jul 15, 2010

That one there is pretty standard, "congratulations with the wedding day" or really, congratulations on your wedding. It works pretty well. I married a Dane, and someone said that to me, and it is still working, 45 years later.

NetLynx
NetLynx  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Yes! Jul 15, 2010

Yes, Ana,

This is very fine, and should you want to include a few more words in Danish, a lot of us would be happy to be of any help.

Your question suggests that you are not participating, but do visit Denmark and your brother and sister-in-law some time.

Best wishes
Erik

Ana Cuesta
Ana Cuesta  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful Jul 16, 2010

Thanks so much to you both!

I will indeed be attenting the ceremony at Saeby, but the gift is not something I could easily take into the plane with me and so I am sending it before hand.

Best, Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wedding wishes in Danish please

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »