Jenni Jelse
Jenni Jelse  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:58
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 23, 2010

Hello everyone,

I’ve lived in England for years and have basically stopped using or translating from French. It seems like such a shame, and now would be a good time for me to try to improve my French again. I’d like to take my laptop and work from a French speaking place from September and up to six months. Of course, I’d need to find either a flat or a nice house-share, and I thought maybe one of you would know of something – it’s so much better with a personal recomme
... See more
Hello everyone,

I’ve lived in England for years and have basically stopped using or translating from French. It seems like such a shame, and now would be a good time for me to try to improve my French again. I’d like to take my laptop and work from a French speaking place from September and up to six months. Of course, I’d need to find either a flat or a nice house-share, and I thought maybe one of you would know of something – it’s so much better with a personal recommendation. And perhaps you have a spare bedroom and would like some company, or you would even like to rent out your place and go and do something similar!

My first choice would be Brussels (for various reasons), but I would really be interested in anything, from a small town to a big city, as long as it’s somewhere in Europe.

I would appreciate any help with this – on this thread or via personal messages. Thanks!

Jenni
Collapse

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:58
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
French forum Jun 23, 2010

Hello Jenni,
maybe you should try in the French forum

Cheers

Emmanuelle

Jenni Jelse
Jenni Jelse  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:58
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but... Jun 23, 2010

...then I would have to write in French!

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:58
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
Try in English Jun 23, 2010

Jenni Jelse wrote:

...then I would have to write in French!

If you apologize first for writing in English, I think you'll have some success

Emmanuelle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accommodation for a few months, French speaking region

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »