help with a french expression
Thread poster: andrea211
Apr 23, 2010

Hi there!

I´m trying to get the meaning of the following sentence. It´s from an french ad and I´m not sure what "entrez dans la peau d´un héros" means. I tought this may have a double meaning because you see a face (but just the face) of a pretty woman above the car. The copy also implies this idea:

"Entrez dans la peau d´un héros.

Une étoile est née: la nouvelle Opel Astra. Ses courbes séduisantes attirent tous les projecteurs. Ses innovation
... See more
Hi there!

I´m trying to get the meaning of the following sentence. It´s from an french ad and I´m not sure what "entrez dans la peau d´un héros" means. I tought this may have a double meaning because you see a face (but just the face) of a pretty woman above the car. The copy also implies this idea:

"Entrez dans la peau d´un héros.

Une étoile est née: la nouvelle Opel Astra. Ses courbes séduisantes attirent tous les projecteurs. Ses innovations technologiques révolutionnaires la placent en tête d´affiche. Prenez place à bord de la nouvelle Opel Astra pour vous retrouver, vous aussi, sous les feux de la rampe. Action!"

If there were any possibility to upload the picture I would do it.

Any ideas???? Answers in spanish are welcome too

Thank you

PS: Sorry if there are any mistakes, English is not my working language.
Collapse

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:17
English to French
+ ...
feel like a hero Apr 23, 2010

They mean feel like a hero, the girl is just to show the old idea of 007 surrounded by pretty "bimbos"...The I am surrounded by hotties so I'm "king of the world"

peau

peau nom féminin
(latin pellis)
1. Organe constituant le revêtement extérieur du corps de l'homme et des animaux.

- Se mettre dans la peau de qqn, se mettre mentalement à sa place pour comprendre
sa pensée, ses réactions. Acteur qui entre dans la peau
... See more
They mean feel like a hero, the girl is just to show the old idea of 007 surrounded by pretty "bimbos"...The I am surrounded by hotties so I'm "king of the world"

peau

peau nom féminin
(latin pellis)
1. Organe constituant le revêtement extérieur du corps de l'homme et des animaux.

- Se mettre dans la peau de qqn, se mettre mentalement à sa place pour comprendre
sa pensée, ses réactions. Acteur qui entre dans la peau de son personnage.

- Fam. Peau de vache : personne dont la sévérité va jusqu'à la dureté.
- Fam. Vieille peau (mot injurieux à l'adresse d'une femme, en particulier d'une femme mûre).
- Être bien (ou mal) dans sa peau : se sentir à l'aise (ou mal à l'aise) ; plein d'allant (ou déprimé).
- Faire peau neuve : changer de vêtements ou, fig. , changer complètement de conduite, d'opinion.
- Pop. Avoir qqn dans la peau, en être passionnément amoureux.
- Risquer sa peau, sa vie.
- Vendre chèrement sa peau : se défendre vigoureusement avant de succomber.
- Pop. Faire la peau à qqn, le tuer.
2. Cuir détaché du corps d'un animal. Une peau de renard.
3. Enveloppe des fruits, de certaines plantes. Peau de banane.
4. Croûte légère qui se forme sur certaines substances liquides ou onctueuses comme le lait bouilli, le fromage, etc.
5. Électr. Effet de peau, dans lequel la valeur efficace de la densité du courant croît exponentiellement du centre à la périphérie d'un conducteur siège d'un courant de haute fréquence.

(c) Larousse.
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
Kudoz Apr 23, 2010

HI Andrea!

I see you're a new Proz user, so welcome!
I suggest that you use the Kudoz section of Proz (http://www.proz.com/kudoz/ ) for any future queries about the meanings of terms, and help others with similar queries.

Nesrin

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I wonder if the Portuguese version Apr 23, 2010

would be of any help... http://www.auto-industrial.pt/standopel/astra/

andrea211
andrea211
TOPIC STARTER
thank you very much :) Apr 24, 2010

Wow! thank you very much to all of you for your replies

Now I´m sure that it´s about feeling like a hero or a 007 My imagination was seeing something different, but as my mother tongue is not french, I knew I may not get the real message. And in the german ad there was something different, at least there was nothing with heroes. Thanks Teresa for the p
... See more
Wow! thank you very much to all of you for your replies

Now I´m sure that it´s about feeling like a hero or a 007 My imagination was seeing something different, but as my mother tongue is not french, I knew I may not get the real message. And in the german ad there was something different, at least there was nothing with heroes. Thanks Teresa for the portugese ad...it was VERY helpful.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help with a french expression

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »