lauradiel  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:08
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 7, 2010

Hi,
Do you know any good websites to find long term affordable accommodation in Portugal (Lisbon or surroundings)? Or do you have any other tips? (newspapers with ads, personal experiences to share etc.) Any advice is welcome. If you prefer, you can send me a private message! Thank you.

Jennifer Taylor
Jennifer Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:08
Czech to English
+ ...
Try this... Apr 7, 2010

Hi Laura,

The website casa.sapo.pt is a good place to look. It has places from private landlords and agencies.

I know it differs from country to country, so here it is useful to know that if you find something via an agency, you don't pay them any extra fees (they are paid by the landlord). Remax is a big agency here and has a good website too.

There are various expat websites, but nothing I've found in the past has had much, especially for the Lisbon area,
... See more
Hi Laura,

The website casa.sapo.pt is a good place to look. It has places from private landlords and agencies.

I know it differs from country to country, so here it is useful to know that if you find something via an agency, you don't pay them any extra fees (they are paid by the landlord). Remax is a big agency here and has a good website too.

There are various expat websites, but nothing I've found in the past has had much, especially for the Lisbon area, as most expats tend to live in other areas.

Good luck!
Collapse

Ligia Dias Costa
Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Lisboa only? Apr 7, 2010

Do you want it only in Lisboa?

Ligia

lauradiel
lauradiel  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:08
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 7, 2010

Hi Jenny,

good to know that! I usually avoid agencies exactly for that reason.

Hi Ligia,

Yes, at the moment I'm more interested in the Lisbon area.

Ligia Dias Costa
Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi again Laura Apr 7, 2010

I asked because I live in Porto, and I could find one easily for you in a nice area.

In Lisboa, that is another thing.

Although casa.sapo is a good place to look I believe the most complete place to look is bpiimobiliario.pt. It gathers ALL the accomodation to sell and to rent from ALL the agencies. At the botton of each apartment, you have the contacts responsible to letting that house.

If you need anything else, do not hesitate to drop a line.

... See more
I asked because I live in Porto, and I could find one easily for you in a nice area.

In Lisboa, that is another thing.

Although casa.sapo is a good place to look I believe the most complete place to look is bpiimobiliario.pt. It gathers ALL the accomodation to sell and to rent from ALL the agencies. At the botton of each apartment, you have the contacts responsible to letting that house.

If you need anything else, do not hesitate to drop a line.

Best!

Ligia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Housing in Portugal - Lisbon area

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »