Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:58
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Nov 5, 2009

Planning for the next holiday
Could someone from Portugal please tell me, if it is possible to buy a prepaid Internet SIM card or a pay-per-use SIM card for Internet?
Until now I haven been using my Vodafone pay-per-use, but they charge (still) 15 Euros per day abroad, which is everythinb but cheap.
In Poland I was able to buy a local prepaid Internet card, which is of course much cheaper.
Now I'm looking f
... See more
Planning for the next holiday
Could someone from Portugal please tell me, if it is possible to buy a prepaid Internet SIM card or a pay-per-use SIM card for Internet?
Until now I haven been using my Vodafone pay-per-use, but they charge (still) 15 Euros per day abroad, which is everythinb but cheap.
In Poland I was able to buy a local prepaid Internet card, which is of course much cheaper.
Now I'm looking for the same in Portgual, but not understanding the language findind anything isn't easy...

Thanks a bunch
Best regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:58
Dutch to English
+ ...
Vodafone Nov 5, 2009

If I'm not mistaken, Vodafone here advertise a €10 pre-paid card giving you 10 hours of Internet use.

Things are going a bit crazy here at the moment, and I'm away this weekend, but feel free to drop me an email early next week if I don't manage to get back to you beforehand and I'll look up and translate the gist of the information for you, ok?

Regards
Debs

[Edited at 2009-11-05 22:36 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:58
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - I've found Vodafone Nov 5, 2009

but their offer seems not to be that good, as I would need it.
The average download rate would be by just GPRS with 512 MB/s.
It has time, as I'm planning for the next year, but just in case you would see an advertisment about that just drop me a line and I would order that upfront

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Portugal: mobile prepaid Internet solutions

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »