Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Off topic: WHERE would you like to wake up tomorrow?
Thread poster: Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.
Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
anywhere... Oct 23, 2009

Anywhere, as long as I am allowed to wake up naturally, without an alarm clock, or a client calling having forgotten what time zone i'm in!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
I would like to wake up ... Oct 23, 2009

... in Henry's bank account. With Jared's nicer side. To a web site that is a translation workplace and not a translation workhorse.

Penelope Ausejo
Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
hahahahaha Oct 23, 2009

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

... in Henry's bank account. With Jared's nicer side. To a web site that is a translation workplace and not a translation workhorse.

hahahahaha

Louise Souter (X)
Louise Souter (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mexico Oct 23, 2009

In a little village on the oaxaca coast which shall remain nameless, lying in a hamock.

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Tell you where I WOULDN'T like to wake up... Oct 23, 2009

Wherever that photo of Andreas's was taken, with the palm trees and the tent and the loungers all about to disappear beneath the waves. It obviously has a bad case of global warming. Maybe it's the Maldives and those two people are having a cabinet meeting.

GingerR
GingerR  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
In the kitchen of... Oct 23, 2009

my own house that's being built, so that I do not have to move to yet another rented apartment just for those few months before it is finished (I am packing right now)...

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
... Let that place remain unnamed ... Oct 23, 2009

Anne-Marie Grant (X)
Anne-Marie Grant (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Make it the day after tomorrow... Oct 23, 2009

and I can answer 'Cyprus' because that's where I'm going to get away from the dismal British weather and the dreaded Hallowe'en - my least favourite time of year.

Yelena Pestereva
Yelena Pestereva  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
Hotel... Oct 24, 2009

Hotel "Magic Life" in Tunisia, Turkey or Egypt. Hawaii and Boro-Boro are too far...

[Edited at 2009-10-24 05:06 GMT]

Eleni Makantani
Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 01:34
English to Greek
+ ...
Trekking... Oct 24, 2009

... somewhere in the mountains of Northern Greece.

Or wandering about the streets of some Italian medieval town.

No laptops, emails and mobiles.

Dubravka Hrastovec
Dubravka Hrastovec  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
In memoriam
Not where but when... Oct 24, 2009

Working on a 50,000-word translation with the deadline on Monday morning, I must say that the question should be 'when would you like to wake up tomorrow'!

sandhya
sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:04
German to English
+ ...
Can we censor our imagination a bit please? Oct 26, 2009

Hi,

We have read lots of innovative and interesting places to wake up in... but please can we try to follow Proz forum rules of "decency and dignity" before we post any thoughts or pictures please.

I also apologize for any bad pictures/text that may have been approved by mistake... I have received complaints from some members!

Thank you... and keep the discussion going

Cheers
... See more
Hi,

We have read lots of innovative and interesting places to wake up in... but please can we try to follow Proz forum rules of "decency and dignity" before we post any thoughts or pictures please.

I also apologize for any bad pictures/text that may have been approved by mistake... I have received complaints from some members!

Thank you... and keep the discussion going

Cheers
Sandhya
Collapse

Wassila BOUGUERRA
Wassila BOUGUERRA  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Yoron-to Oct 26, 2009

On Yoron-to, a tiny island in Southern Japan, 20 hours off the coasts of Kagoshima and its amazing Sakurajima volcano, swimming with the sea-turtle I swam with in August, thinking how incredible Japan and the Japanese people are, having learnt Japanese overnight by magic, and having set up business there...

Thanks for allowing this day-dream !

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
in another galaxy Oct 26, 2009

In one of the planets of a galaxy where an intelligent and independent livings exist.

With or without oxygen/similar life environment is not important because interacting with an intelligent different than ours really costs sacrificing everything I have, even my life.

But my first choice is the one which has oxygen and similar life environment.
[just in case if one of those livings reads and decides to arrange something, who knows ...
See more
In one of the planets of a galaxy where an intelligent and independent livings exist.

With or without oxygen/similar life environment is not important because interacting with an intelligent different than ours really costs sacrificing everything I have, even my life.

But my first choice is the one which has oxygen and similar life environment.
[just in case if one of those livings reads and decides to arrange something, who knows ]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WHERE would you like to wake up tomorrow?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »