Spanish/English - Looking for other bilingual families in Edinburgh, Scotland
Thread poster: Antonia S
Antonia S
Antonia S
United Kingdom
Feb 15, 2010

Hi,

I'm looking for other bilingual, Spanish-speaking families in Edinburgh in order to meet-up and have fun with our Spanish-speaking children.

I don't know if there is a private message system on this site so please just start by posting on this thread and we'll take it from there!
Thanks
Antonia

[Edited at 2010-02-15 20:15 GMT]

Antonia S
Antonia S
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Still looking! Feb 26, 2010

Hi again,
I see 99 people have looked this thread but no-one has answered!
Does that mean you are all shy or just nosy but nowhere near Edinburgh!

Antonia

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 12:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm one of the nosy ones Feb 26, 2010

I unfortunately don't qualify on any of the counts. My family seems to be peculiarly resistent to acquiring the English language, and Avila is not exactly close to Edinburgh. But I liked the idea of it! And I hope you do get some matching hits!

Antonia S
Antonia S
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Noni! Feb 26, 2010

Thanks for your reply. Now I know I'm not talking to myself!
When you say your family is resitant to learning English do you mean you're having trouble getting your kids to speak it?
Antonia

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Spanish/English - Looking for other bilingual families in Edinburgh, Scotland

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »