Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Long time client struggling with debt - what should I do?
Thread poster: Tom in London
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:27
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
OK Nov 11, 2019

Barbara Micheletto wrote:

I hope (and I'm sure) things will turn out differently for you, but that was exactly my situation last year... limited liability and three/four employees. And I had been always told that I was one of their best translators. In the end, the money I had earned (months' work) was used to pay others. We had known each other personally for more than twenty years (same city). And I know it isn't backstabbing, it's just business. Well, it hurts, but it won't happen again, otherwise, as they say, fool me once...
Best of luck.

OK Barbara so it's "hope for the best, but expect the worst". Thanks.

But I'm left with some thoughts: if a long-established agency with very wide-ranging knowledge of the translation market suddenly fails, what hope is there, in Italy, for other agencies? Are any other colleagues experiencing a similar situation with other agencies? What is the extent of this phenomenon?

[Edited at 2019-11-11 12:41 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Long time client struggling with debt - what should I do?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »