Florian Vende
Florian Vende
France
Local time: 19:07
English to French
+ ...
Oct 23, 2019

Hi everyone,

I an an (in house, previously freelancer) French Localization Manager in a London-based start up. We are expanding to Québec and I will be acting as a Localization country manager for this project. I am looking to partner with a Canadian French consultant to help adapting our current French (France) glossary and style guide. She will also give us general guidance at the beginning of our localization work.

The consultant is actually a friend of mine (freela
... See more
Hi everyone,

I an an (in house, previously freelancer) French Localization Manager in a London-based start up. We are expanding to Québec and I will be acting as a Localization country manager for this project. I am looking to partner with a Canadian French consultant to help adapting our current French (France) glossary and style guide. She will also give us general guidance at the beginning of our localization work.

The consultant is actually a friend of mine (freelance translator) and it is the first time she is going to do consultancy, so she doesn't know how much we should charge my company. I am assuming the rate would be per day, but do you have any idea how much?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Florian
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 11:07
Dutch to English
+ ...
By the hour Oct 25, 2019

I think consultants are generally paid by the hour, since they are not necessarily expected to work regular office hours. If the consultant is expected to work regular office hours, then you could consider paying per day.

[Edited at 2019-10-25 14:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Daily rate for Canadian French Localization consultancy work

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »