Patrycja Dittmann
Patrycja Dittmann
Finland
Local time: 15:41
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 14, 2019

Hey,

could you recommend any Finnish debt collection services? Generally, what are the costs of using services like this and who covers them, me or the dishonest company?

I appreciate your help!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:41
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Patrycja Jul 14, 2019

I’ve never used a debt collection agency, but as far as I know, when successful, they receive from their client a percentage, typically 20% to 45%, of the amount collected. Why don’t you try instead the European small claims procedure? (https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-fi.do?init=true). I have been extremely lucky and over the years I only had t... See more
I’ve never used a debt collection agency, but as far as I know, when successful, they receive from their client a percentage, typically 20% to 45%, of the amount collected. Why don’t you try instead the European small claims procedure? (https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-fi.do?init=true). I have been extremely lucky and over the years I only had two non-payment issues solved with the help of my lawyer and in both cases all the legal fees were paid by the debtors.Collapse

Vadim Kadyrov

Patrycja Dittmann
Patrycja Dittmann
Finland
Local time: 15:41
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any experience in using the European small claims procedure? Jul 15, 2019

Hi Teresa,

thanks for the reply, I didn't even know that there is such a possibility. Have you ever tried it?

I still wouldn't mind receiving other translators' recommendations of debt collection services (I speak Finnish, so dealing with Finnish services is not an issue, the problem is that there are quite a few and I am not sure which one to choose). I seriously suspect that the dishonest company is on the verge of bankruptcy, so I'd rather deal with the matter quickl
... See more
Hi Teresa,

thanks for the reply, I didn't even know that there is such a possibility. Have you ever tried it?

I still wouldn't mind receiving other translators' recommendations of debt collection services (I speak Finnish, so dealing with Finnish services is not an issue, the problem is that there are quite a few and I am not sure which one to choose). I seriously suspect that the dishonest company is on the verge of bankruptcy, so I'd rather deal with the matter quickly.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:41
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Patrycja Jul 15, 2019

I have no personal experience of the European small claims procedure, but I've read on Proz that some of our colleagues have used it successfully. I thought you were Finnish, here's the Polish translation: https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-pl.do?init=true

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Debt collection services in Finland

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »