Thread poster: Elsa Alexandra Fernandes
Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:48
German to English
+ ...
Pawel May 4, 2019

We're talking past each other.

I was writing about specific circumstances. For example, if someone wants to submit a translation to many Canadian authorities and institutions, these often want that translation to be done by a Canadian certified translator, certified by that translator, and certification has a specific meaning. It is perhaps more like a "sworn" translation by a "sworn" translator. At the same time,
... See more
We're talking past each other.

I was writing about specific circumstances. For example, if someone wants to submit a translation to many Canadian authorities and institutions, these often want that translation to be done by a Canadian certified translator, certified by that translator, and certification has a specific meaning. It is perhaps more like a "sworn" translation by a "sworn" translator. At the same time, in Germany the same seems to be true, but for German sworn translators/translations. I have come across numerous incidents where a client tells me, "I had my translation done by a sworn translator in Germany, and now the Canadian government won't accept it." They have to get the document translated again by me, at extra cost to them. In the same way, I know that when Germany wants a translation done by their sworn translators, mine won't be accepted.

I've had about a dozen clients come to me this way, with this story. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about, and that is why I say it is good to always check what the officials in the other country want to see. It is only for these kinds of scenarios, but they do exist.
Collapse

Ewa Olszowa
Liviu-Lee Roth

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certified translation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »