How do I create a Metatexis database or TM?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:23
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2002

I recently downloaded Metatexis. First it would not work as I only had Microsoft Word, and it became apparent that it only works with Microsoft Office. Having gone to the considerable expense of buying Microsoft Office, I still can\'t make Metatexis work now, because there appears to be no option to create a database, or any instructions on how to create one. I have my own vocabulary lists, as word documents, but I really haven\'t a clue how to make them into Metatexis databases to use within... See more
I recently downloaded Metatexis. First it would not work as I only had Microsoft Word, and it became apparent that it only works with Microsoft Office. Having gone to the considerable expense of buying Microsoft Office, I still can\'t make Metatexis work now, because there appears to be no option to create a database, or any instructions on how to create one. I have my own vocabulary lists, as word documents, but I really haven\'t a clue how to make them into Metatexis databases to use within the Metatexis programme. Can anyone help?Collapse

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:23
Japanese to French
Maybe... Aug 31, 2002

Maybe you have the same problem I had a few days ago. I went to the Metatexis Group in Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetaTexis/) and got some help.

In my case, the Metatexis menus did not appear in Word because I had to remove a \"bad\" add-in in [Tools-Templates and Add-ins]. Then I removed the add-ins one after the other until the Metatexis menu finally appears...

In
... See more
Maybe you have the same problem I had a few days ago. I went to the Metatexis Group in Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetaTexis/) and got some help.

In my case, the Metatexis menus did not appear in Word because I had to remove a \"bad\" add-in in [Tools-Templates and Add-ins]. Then I removed the add-ins one after the other until the Metatexis menu finally appears...

In any case, I think you should subscribe to the Metatexis group in Yahoo, and explain your problem in details...

Good luck!

Alain

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-01 07:44 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I create a Metatexis database or TM?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »