https://www.proz.com/forum/metatexis_support/156812-match_count_after_word_failure_trados_import_export.html&phpv_redirected=1

Match count after Word failure / Trados import/export
Thread poster: VeronikaSti (X)
VeronikaSti (X)
VeronikaSti (X)
Local time: 09:55
English to German
+ ...
Feb 2, 2010

The situation: I was translating with MetaTexis and hadn't saved the file for 30 minutes or something. Then Word crashed (as it often does when you reach the end of long documents and the segment search starts from the beginning) My translations were saved in the TM (luckily), but now they all appear as 100% matches. I deliver unclean MTX-Files to "my" agency... will they see that it was me who did the translations, or will they get the impression those segments were in the TM before and I just ... See more
The situation: I was translating with MetaTexis and hadn't saved the file for 30 minutes or something. Then Word crashed (as it often does when you reach the end of long documents and the segment search starts from the beginning) My translations were saved in the TM (luckily), but now they all appear as 100% matches. I deliver unclean MTX-Files to "my" agency... will they see that it was me who did the translations, or will they get the impression those segments were in the TM before and I just checked them? For now I can't but inform them, but I'd like to know for the future =)

Another thing:
How well does import and export of Trados files work? If an outsourcer or agency demands Trados, can I import the files and translate them in Metatexis & do a re-export without the client noticing? (or: without them having disadvantages or difficulties) I heard some translators are doing this, but so far I didn't take any Trados-jobs since I don't know whether it really works...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Match count after Word failure / Trados import/export

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »