Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 26, 2019

Hello everyone

The project I'm working on right now has a glossary of about 5000 terms, but I've whittled them down to the most important 100 or so to check. However, it still is tedious: you have to type and/or copy/paste each source term in the Memsource Editor's filter field (and often the target term as well). So, I wrote a little script that does it. You have to have AutoIt i
... See more
Hello everyone

The project I'm working on right now has a glossary of about 5000 terms, but I've whittled them down to the most important 100 or so to check. However, it still is tedious: you have to type and/or copy/paste each source term in the Memsource Editor's filter field (and often the target term as well). So, I wrote a little script that does it. You have to have AutoIt installed to use it.

http://www.leuce.com/autoit/memsource%20term%20checker.zip

[Added: okay, new version uploaded, now also works with the web-based Memsource editor.]

This script reads a term list (with one, two or more columns per line) and pastes the terms into Memsource Editor so that it filters the segments.

Shortcuts:

~ = Filter by current term
Shift + Ctrl + 1 = Go back one term
Shift + Ctrl + 2 = Go forward one term

Ctrl + ? = Show shortcuts and current term
Ctrl + Q = Exit script

Setup:

1. The term list file must be UTF16-LE, with one term per line, and columns tab-delimited. There can be any number of columns (if there is only one column, i.e. only a source term, then only a source term will be filtered).

2. Unfortunately, we have to tell the script where the source text filter field is. This happens only once, at the start. When prompted, click in the source text filter field of Memsource editor, and wait 10 seconds for the script to detect the mouse position.

3. If you're using the browser version, you have to know what the name of your browser is (otherwise you're in serious trouble...).

Let me know if it works for you.
Samuel

[Edited at 2019-03-26 11:12 GMT]
Collapse

DZiW (X)

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

AutoIt script: filter terms in Memsource Editor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »