In Memsource Web Editor, why do I get the 101 % match pre-filled in some cases only?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:34
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2018

In Memsource Web Editor, why do I get the 101 % match pre-filled in some cases only?

Now for the first time I don't need to press the shortcut Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 for inserting a hit from the TM because the target box in the editing windows if already pre-filled with each respective match from the TM. This saves a lot of time, because now I only need to click Ctrl+Enter (a much easier key combination to press quickly than Ctrl+1).

How come this began now, and still in some
... See more

Now for the first time I don't need to press the shortcut Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 for inserting a hit from the TM because the target box in the editing windows if already pre-filled with each respective match from the TM. This saves a lot of time, because now I only need to click Ctrl+Enter (a much easier key combination to press quickly than Ctrl+1).

How come this began now, and still in some cases I only get the result 101 % match in the TM windows and the target box is empty so I need to press Ctrl+1 in these cases to insert the hit from the TM?
Collapse

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
Preferences Jan 9, 2018

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

How come this began now, and still in some cases I only get the result 101 % match in the TM windows and the target box is empty so I need to press Ctrl+1 in these cases to insert the hit from the TM?

I have not seen this behavior yet, but you could take a look at the settings under Menu>Tools>Preferences on the CAT tab, these are the settings that control the pretranslation, as far as I know.

Vaclav Balacek
Vaclav Balacek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
From Memsource Support Jan 10, 2018

Hi, pre-translation should definitely happen in all cases. If you experience different behaviour, please get back to us at [email protected].
Thank you,
Vaclav

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »