Can we use Antidote inside of MemoQ?
Thread poster: Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Suzanne Chabot
Local time: 03:19
Arabic to French
Sep 1, 2019

Hello,

Is this possible to use the program 'Antidote' (which is a French spelling and grammar program) inside MemoQ?

It is possible to do so with SDL Trados Studio. That is why I am asking.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Suzanne

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:19
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
In memoQ 9.1 Sep 2, 2019

What a coincidence... This is one of the features coming to memoQ 9.1. Have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupYSPYX4Cs

Suzanne Chabot

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:19
English to French
+ ...
Any pratical news? Sep 16, 2019

Today (16th of september) I downloaded memoQ 9.1 and ... I don't see where and how to integrate Antidote. The only spellchekers in the Grammar Option are Hunspell and Microsoft as usual.
Any idea?

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Help article Sep 17, 2019

I don't use MemoQ, but there's a knowledge base article which might help:

https://help.memoq.com/current/en/Places/antidote-corrector.html

Michel4632
Michel4632
Local time: 09:19
Absolutely cool feature ! Sep 28, 2019

Thanks for integrating Antidote into MemoQ.

This is a step improvement for productivity, as was the Muse (the biggest one IMHO) and DeepL integration.

There are some low hanging fruits still to be implemented :

- please move Antidote from Translation to Review menu;
- please, integrate Antidote dictionnary search into right click menu (like web search or concordance search).

Generally speaking, but this is for another post, Memoq should r
... See more
Thanks for integrating Antidote into MemoQ.

This is a step improvement for productivity, as was the Muse (the biggest one IMHO) and DeepL integration.

There are some low hanging fruits still to be implemented :

- please move Antidote from Translation to Review menu;
- please, integrate Antidote dictionnary search into right click menu (like web search or concordance search).

Generally speaking, but this is for another post, Memoq should revamp completely the search feature and incorporate in one screen (and one click !) web search and concordance search. This would save us (at least me !) tremendous amount of time. If if they do not, they should at least allow minimisation of concordance search window. The mandatory "always on top" feature of this window is a real plague !

And also, please make the URLs clickable !!!

Thanks
Collapse

Aude De Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can we use Antidote inside of MemoQ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »