Why is my MemoQ connection so slow to some customers' MemoQ projects?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 18:31
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2019

For most of my customers, the MemoQ connection works very well. Then for a few of my customers the MemoQ connection is very slow, it takes several seconds after I've confirmed a segment until I can move on to the next segment. For one particular customer, that I've had for several years, this has always been the case. So it's not something with my internet connection. And I travel between different countries but it has always been the same for this particular customer: very slow MemoQ connection... See more
For most of my customers, the MemoQ connection works very well. Then for a few of my customers the MemoQ connection is very slow, it takes several seconds after I've confirmed a segment until I can move on to the next segment. For one particular customer, that I've had for several years, this has always been the case. So it's not something with my internet connection. And I travel between different countries but it has always been the same for this particular customer: very slow MemoQ connection. So I was wondering what the reason could be? Their server settings that don't go well with my standard settings (I have not done any particular customized settings for my own MemoQ installation)? Something I need to change in my local MemoQ settings so they are better suited for the server settings? Or something else?Collapse

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:31
Polish to English
+ ...
Who on the earth may know? Aug 25, 2019

I think nobody will be able to provide you with a "100% confidence" level. Maybe, your customer has an outdated server... or their server is bugged..., or their internet connection is outdated..., or it's a matter of firewalls..., or your software is hardly compatible with theirs..., or... etc., etc.

That simple.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is my MemoQ connection so slow to some customers' MemoQ projects?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »