Matecat: Translated Texts Suddenly Changed into a Different Language!
Thread poster: Amy Villafranca
Amy Villafranca
Amy Villafranca  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:44
Member (2015)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 18, 2015

I was translating into English in Matecat and I was almost done (93%) when all of a sudden, the translated texts became Portuguese! What could have happened? Can I still retrieve my translation????

Client is reasonably furious but they could monitor that I was doing English translation because it was they who provided me the Matecat file and access.

MateCat Support
MateCat Support
Italy
Local time: 01:44
send link to [email protected] Dec 18, 2015

auvill79 wrote:

I was translating into English in Matecat and I was almost done (93%) when all of a sudden, the translated texts became Portuguese! What could have happened? Can I still retrieve my translation????

Client is reasonably furious but they could monitor that I was doing English translation because it was they who provided me the Matecat file and access.

To investigate we need the link of the job, but do not disclose it here on Proz.
Please write to [email protected] and we will continue privately.

Thanks

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Matecat: Translated Texts Suddenly Changed into a Different Language!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »