https://www.proz.com/forum/marketing_for_translators/306736-remember_me-page2.html&phpv_redirected=1

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Remember me?
Thread poster: George Trail
Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 22:13
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Champagne. Sep 22, 2016

Toon Theuwis wrote:

George Trail wrote:

my dream of becoming one of the great translators / translation scholars of my time remains burning bright,

And please, do let us know when this happens, I can see you are already paving the way

[Edited at 2016-09-22 20:35 GMT]

Then we want to be invited for celebration with champagne and everything LOL

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:13
French to Spanish
+ ...
Strange... Sep 22, 2016

...to see this in French, indeed:

Je m’engage à écrire de traductions correctes de documents en une langue étrangère auxquelles n’importe qui peut faire confiance.

[Editado a las 2016-09-22 22:16 GMT]

Kirsten Bodart
Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
Yes well Sep 23, 2016

if there is indeed work people like, then it's a testament to the power of marketing.

Indeed the German and French are terrible. Not to mention the English...

We'll gladly proofread and edit for you. I think by the time we're finished your English website will be shortened at least by half.

Françoise Vogel
Françoise Vogel  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Endorsed ... with astonishment and admiration Sep 23, 2016

for being able to write French in such a non-idiomatic way.

Jane Phillips wrote:

He thought to himself, ahh the first day of autumn how sad and depressed will not be unfeeling my fellow Prozians, it is my duty to do that which has to be done and cheer them up with my entertaining proze.

So congratulations - he certainly fooled some of us! Personally I'm impressed that the amount of work he put into it (three versions of his website don't forget!). I'm sure we would have twigged earlier if he'd waited until next spring (somewhere between the 31 March and 2 April for example).

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
I remember this guy Sep 23, 2016

This is a grossly misguided attempt at search engine optimization. He's got it into his head that if he fills the internet with huge quantities of meaningless verbiage, people will notice him. They will, but for all the wrong reasons.

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Actually I didn't forget him. Sep 23, 2016

philgoddard wrote:

This is a grossly misguided attempt at search engine optimization. He's got it into his head that if he fills the internet with huge quantities of meaningless verbiage, people will notice him. They will, but for all the wrong reasons.

Isn't this the purpose of marketing? We all know who George is and that's all he cares about. He is his own publicist.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:13
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
However Sep 23, 2016

Lingua 5B wrote:
philgoddard wrote:

Isn't this the purpose of marketing? We all know who George is and that's all he cares about. He is his own publicist.

Would you choose him if you were a potential client, or recommend him to others? Isn't a publicist supposed to publicise the best image possible, not the worst? I hadn't forgotten him either, but it wasn't a good memory.

TranslateThis
TranslateThis  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm very inclined or not at all inclined to say Sep 23, 2016

Yawn yawn yawn...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp00SaKAyUQ

[Edited at 2016-09-23 15:11 GMT]

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
I didn't describe the kind of memory. Sep 23, 2016

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:
philgoddard wrote:

Would you choose him if you were a potential client, or recommend him to others? Isn't a publicist supposed to publicise the best image possible, not the worst? I hadn't forgotten him either, but it wasn't a good memory.

I just said there was a memory

Not really, there are also anti-campaigns or negative campaigns done purposefully by a publicist just to draw (any kind of attention) to their client, depending on context and purpose. So, their job is not always and necessarily about the best image possible.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Remember me?

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »