Sito web personale - conviene investire e quanto?
Thread poster: Magdalena Legerska Brighetti
Magdalena Legerska Brighetti
Magdalena Legerska Brighetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:03
Czech to Italian
+ ...
Feb 6, 2014

Nei tempi di oggi avere un sito web è quasi d'obbligo, ma per avere un
riscontro economico che cosa possiamo aspettarci e quanto dobbiamo investire? I preventivi partono da alcune centinaia di euro fino ai 4-5.000 euro.
Secondo le vostre esperienze la somma investita da parte di un free lance è in relazione al risultato poi ottenuto ? Grazie in anticipo per le vostre esperienze personali.

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:03
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Excessive amount Feb 6, 2014

There are many affordable options out there, starting with www.websitesfortranslators.co.uk

And yes, it is worth it

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Maybe I'm in the wrong business? Feb 6, 2014

I built my website and it only took a few months to learn how to do everything. I made a few others for friends and family, but don't charge more than $500 for a simple website like what these folks are offering.

I personally think that my site has been a good investment. I feel more professional and I think that it generates more confidence in my clients. It doesn't generate a lot of leads, but I think my next update should help a bit.

[Edited at 2014-02-06 18:32 GMT]

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:03
English to Russian
+ ...
weebly.com Feb 24, 2014

Try ready to use resources, they might not be customized 100%, but you can start with a free version and build it yourself. No programming skills necessary. I published my web-site www.mariapopova.com just a day ago (it's still kind of under construction, so please bear with me:), but the starter paid version I use is only about $6 a month. I think totally worth to try. Good luck!

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:03
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Use WordPress Feb 24, 2014

Magdalena, I suggest using WordPress to build your own website. It's not that hard and spending a bit of time learning to use it can be beneficial for your own professional development.

Stefano Lodola
Stefano Lodola  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 19:03
Korean to Italian
+ ...
280.00 € for 5 pages in Wordpress, custom template + online consultation Feb 28, 2014

There's a service for translators, run by a translator!

http://sitesfortranslators.com/

Yes, that's me!

Simona Micutari
Simona Micutari  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Romanian
+ ...
I wonder... Feb 28, 2014

For those of you who have websites... I wonder: how often does your website give you leads?

I'm considering creating a website of my own, but I'm unsure whether it's worth the time. Perhaps my efforts are better invested in writing letters and emails to clients directly?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sito web personale - conviene investire e quanto?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »