Helena Chavarria  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:21
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
My brother has the same problem Jan 5, 2014

Domenico Trimboli wrote:

I did it, but I don't know how relevant my case may be for your thesis... Unfortunately, the 'famous' Domenico Trimboli is not me, but a well-known Italian criminal.

All of the results on Google (actually, 28 out of 30 in the first 3 pages) are about him, mostly newspaper articles written when he was arrested. As they are not local newspapers, but national ones, I can't see any way for me to get over this obstacle.

Good luck with your thesis

Although my brother's business is doing very well (it has nothing to do with the translation business I might add) there is a well known writer with the identical name as his and when I tried Googling my brother, I only got results for the writer.

It wasn't until I typed in the name of his business did I find him!

And my brother knows a lot about IT. He bought his first computer back in the 70s, paying back the money our mother had lent him to buy it by delivering newspapers before going to school!

[Edited at 2014-01-05 19:37 GMT]

Catarina Lopes
Catarina Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:21
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Done! Jan 6, 2014

I look forward to reading your thesis.
I wish you the best of luck!

Ana Catarina R. Lopes

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Thanks Jan 7, 2014

My name is extremely common - which I like.

If I choose the option with 'oversætter' - the Danish word for translator - after my name, not just the name alone, most of the references are to me.

Good luck with the thesis!

[Edited at 2014-01-07 08:53 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Done! Jan 9, 2014

I do the same as Christine, putting "translator" into a search with my name.

I'm not sure how useful the results will be, Karol, since it depends so much on how common our names are.

Karol Waniek
Karol Waniek  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 10, 2014

Thank you very much for completing the survey - I've got more than 130 responses, you've been very helpful!

As promised, I will send my thesis to you as soon as it is finished - probably in February.

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Closed Jan 10, 2014

Sorry, I got a note saying that survey has been closed. Still, good luck.

Kitty Brussaard
Kitty Brussaard  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Closed Jan 10, 2014

Same here. I would have been happy to complete the survey, but apparently the time to do so was quite limited.

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Perhaps I have a solution Jan 10, 2014

Helena Chavarria wrote:

Domenico Trimboli wrote:

I did it, but I don't know how relevant my case may be for your thesis... Unfortunately, the 'famous' Domenico Trimboli is not me, but a well-known Italian criminal.

All of the results on Google (actually, 28 out of 30 in the first 3 pages) are about him, mostly newspaper articles written when he was arrested. As they are not local newspapers, but national ones, I can't see any way for me to get over this obstacle.

Good luck with your thesis

Although my brother's business is doing very well (it has nothing to do with the translation business I might add) there is a well known writer with the identical name as his and when I tried Googling my brother, I only got results for the writer.

It wasn't until I typed in the name of his business did I find him!

And my brother knows a lot about IT. He bought his first computer back in the 70s, paying back the money our mother had lent him to buy it by delivering newspapers before going to school!

[Edited at 2014-01-05 19:37 GMT]

I suggest you to register everywhere NOT as domenico but (as an example) as Mimmo or other Nick you like so... you will be unique= Mimmo Trimboli or Dome Trimboli (just for the Internet).

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

online reputation survey

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »