Do you want your blogpost to reach a wider audience?
Thread poster: Olga Dyussengaliyeva
Olga Dyussengaliyeva
Olga Dyussengaliyeva  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 18:56
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 11, 2013

Hello, dear colleagues. Yes, I offer a help in making your blog post reach a wider audience, namely: I want to translate your post from English into Russian and vice versa and make it available for more readers.
This is free and no strings attached (well, except for placing my name under "translated by...")
Why I want to do it? Simple: I'm in the process of deeply learning various CAT tools, and I need translations to
... See more
Hello, dear colleagues. Yes, I offer a help in making your blog post reach a wider audience, namely: I want to translate your post from English into Russian and vice versa and make it available for more readers.
This is free and no strings attached (well, except for placing my name under "translated by...")
Why I want to do it? Simple: I'm in the process of deeply learning various CAT tools, and I need translations to practise. I'm surely not going to play with my charged translations, but I do want my translations to be of use.
So there you go! If you write about technical translation, freelancing, business, productivity, etc., and want your posts to be read by Russian (English) speaking readers, give me a shout! (The number of posts I'm taking on is limited, as is my time)
Thanks!

[Edited at 2013-10-12 04:14 GMT]
Collapse

James_xia
James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Good idea Oct 12, 2013

Olga Dyussengaliyeva wrote:

Why I want to do it? Simple: I'm in the process of deeply learning various CAT tools, and I need translations to practise. I'm surely not going to play with my charged translations, but I do want my translations to be of use.
So there you go! If you write about technical translation, freelancing, business, productivity, etc., and want your posts to be read by Russian (English) speaking readers, give me a shout! (The number of posts I'm taking on is limited, as is my time)
Thanks!

[Edited at 2013-10-12 04:14 GMT]

Hi Olga,

This should be a practical idea to market yourself in this way. Please go ahead and try to get the free clients, and given some time, I believe you will certainly win over the real clients. Go!

Regards,

James

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Be my guest! Oct 12, 2013

Dear Olga,

I assume you'll have a blog or a web site to publish all that.

Please be welcome to visit the English section of my web site - http://www.lamensdorf.com.br .

I don't call the collection of articles I put there a "blog", because this concept implies dynamic action, i.e. posting new stuff all the time, welcoming readers' inputs, etc. My articles there are stat
... See more
Dear Olga,

I assume you'll have a blog or a web site to publish all that.

Please be welcome to visit the English section of my web site - http://www.lamensdorf.com.br .

I don't call the collection of articles I put there a "blog", because this concept implies dynamic action, i.e. posting new stuff all the time, welcoming readers' inputs, etc. My articles there are static.

There is plenty of material on video translation that I hope you'll find interesting, as well as on some other topics.

You are welcome to translate them into Russian and publish these translations on your own web site/blog, as long as you link back to my site as the source.

Before you ask, no, I wouldn't like to publish your translations (or anything else) in Russian on my web site, as this might result in attempted contacts in your language which I wouldn't be able to understand, hence reply, in spite of my extremely basic knowledge of Polish. It's enough that now and then I get e-mails in German (of which I understand nothing), on account of my surname.
Collapse

George Trail
George Trail  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:56
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Olga, I have a translation blog Oct 25, 2013

Dear Olga,

You are free to have a look at the business blogs I leave on my business Facebook account.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/George-Trail-Translator/100196693403744

I look forward to hearing from you if this gets your interest!

Yours sincerely,
George Trail

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you want your blogpost to reach a wider audience?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »