Need opinions about ScribeOn please
Thread poster: coltgard
coltgard
coltgard
United States
Sep 30, 2013

Hi everyone. I would like to inquire something. Has anyone heard of ScribeOn? I have hearing impairment on both ears so I would like to know your opinion about this audio to text conversion service to convert an audiobook to text that I need to read. I am afraid to try other transcription services that are free because there's a risk of inaccuracy. Any suggestions?

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:59
Swedish to English
+ ...
Why? Sep 30, 2013

Most, if not all, audiobooks will have started their life as text. Why don't you just get hold of the original text? Or are you trying to market this product here in the forum?

If not, why do you think there is no "risk of inaccuracy" with this paid-for software?

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:59
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
There is more than one way Sep 30, 2013

You could, of course, pay for their services and receive your audio file within 4 days. Whether this file will then be accurate or not remains to be seen.

Or you can go ahead and ask someone in your vicinity to read the text to you.

The other option is to use a few of the free services and then compare the results.

I agree with Madeleine. Marketing any products here in the forums is not a go
... See more
You could, of course, pay for their services and receive your audio file within 4 days. Whether this file will then be accurate or not remains to be seen.

Or you can go ahead and ask someone in your vicinity to read the text to you.

The other option is to use a few of the free services and then compare the results.

I agree with Madeleine. Marketing any products here in the forums is not a good idea.
Collapse

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:59
Russian to English
+ ...
I agree. It might be easier to get hold of the written book. Sep 30, 2013

Wouldn't it be such a waste of time and resources to have an audio book transcribed, unless it was something really rare, and out of print?

You may also not like the visual representation of a book transcribed by some software. I am not sure if it would use quotation marks, and paragraphs -- I doubt it.

[Edited at 2013-09-30 09:26 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need opinions about ScribeOn please

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »