Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >
Blast your CV to 16000 Agencies? Has anyone tried it?
Thread poster: Silvia M.
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 15:06
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Question for Karel May 29, 2013

After all this back-and-forth (which is blanked out here but still exists in my mailbox), I'm almost afraid to ask an on-topic question...

Karel, if you say you send out only two mails per month, does that mean that you get only two buyers per month? If so, how do you manage to keep your lists up to date for such a low fee?

Karel Kosman
Karel Kosman  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:06
Czech to English
+ ...
2 a month May 29, 2013

Hi Steven,

like I explained in this thread earlier, I first hired someone to start accumulating these addresses in order to find my own customers. Once I had a list, I thought, why not offer it to others? My main source of income continues to be translations so the time I spend on two sales of this a month is a little side income not requiring much of my time to tend to. I didn't want to sell the actual list and have been made attractive offers for it in the past, but I did not fee
... See more
Hi Steven,

like I explained in this thread earlier, I first hired someone to start accumulating these addresses in order to find my own customers. Once I had a list, I thought, why not offer it to others? My main source of income continues to be translations so the time I spend on two sales of this a month is a little side income not requiring much of my time to tend to. I didn't want to sell the actual list and have been made attractive offers for it in the past, but I did not feel comfortable about that, nor about the added competition. I know that automatically opt-outing them is not perfect but very few would probably subscribe and this is the decision I made. I believe I do every other aspect of the service conscientiously. Over time I found or was informed of duplications within office, and rectified them immediately, as well as any other requests. I think it is a good way for translators to pick up more work or enter the market. For the latter I offer my best advice how to get paid and satisfy a customer. I think a lot of the immediate mud slinging is a product of the recent spam attack on the industry. I can understand the frustration.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Removed May 29, 2013

For global peace.

[Edited at 2013-05-29 11:10 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
At last! May 29, 2013

Karel Kosman wrote:
I can understand the frustration.

At last some sign of sympathy towards those who suffer all the spamming! Congratulations. And I mean it sincerely.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blast your CV to 16000 Agencies? Has anyone tried it?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »