Thread poster: Paola Furini
Mary Stefan
Mary Stefan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:58
Italian to English
+ ...
Well... Feb 18, 2013

... I shall fill in the gap and say "Congratulations Paola"! You - or others - might not find this baby perfect but you've got a starting point and that's really great.

In my humble opinion, if you're really looking to polish your site, you'd be better off seeking the advice of a professional editor. It might take a bit of work to find the right person, but it would definitely be more conducive long-term.

Nice visuals. I really like the map.

Oh, and... I
... See more
... I shall fill in the gap and say "Congratulations Paola"! You - or others - might not find this baby perfect but you've got a starting point and that's really great.

In my humble opinion, if you're really looking to polish your site, you'd be better off seeking the advice of a professional editor. It might take a bit of work to find the right person, but it would definitely be more conducive long-term.

Oh, and... I do love "atelier": who out there is willing to challenge the idea that translators are artists?

As for "privates", I would, indeed, reconsider: http://onlineslangdictionary.com/thesaurus/words%20meaning%20genitals,%20genitalia,%20privates,%20private%20parts.html

Cheers,
Mary

[Edited at 2013-02-18 16:57 GMT]
Collapse

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:58
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
It is wonderful :) Feb 18, 2013

Yes, the best I have ever seen... fantastico!

[Edited at 2013-02-18 17:05 GMT]

Paola Furini
Paola Furini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mind the gaffe! Feb 18, 2013

Mary Stefan wrote:

Oh, and... I do love "atelier": who out there is willing to challenge the idea that translators are artists?

As for "privates", I would, indeed, reconsider: http://onlineslangdictionary.com/thesaurus/words%20meaning%20genitals,%20genitalia,%20privates,%20private%20parts.html

Cheers,
Mary

[Edited at 2013-02-18 16:57 GMT]

Thanks Mary,

I know that this is a starting point and I'm grateful to all the professionals that are helping as I wasn't looking for praises! I'll do my best to take care of my baby.

I'm happy you like atelier since I wanted to convey the idea of creation. I know it's French but I didn't want to use word like "office" or "studio".

What about "privates"? Apart from having put a smile on your faces, I replaced it and I will certainly use it for my "MIND THE GAFFE" post about the silly translation mistakes everyone can do.

Bye for now,

Paola

Mauro Zingaretti (X)
Mauro Zingaretti (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Well done! Feb 19, 2013

Hi Paola,

Your website looks really nice and well-constructed and makes me want to create one for myself...

Ciaooo!

Mauro

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very nice overall, with one "but" Feb 19, 2013

The website is very nice indeed. I wonder however: are you really a company, I mean a company that is properly incorporated as such, with an office where several people work, etc.? If that is not the case, my opinion is that you should advertise yourself, and not a company.

The market has grown to distrust companies that, upon a quick research, are found to be a one-person joint. In my opinion, you should advertise yourself and not a company, unless an actual company exists.

Monica Paolillo
Monica Paolillo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I don't have time to go through the text Feb 19, 2013

But this expression just caught my attention:
"Hai una traduzione da fare?"

I find this wording way too "simple". You should go for something more professional than that. That's my opinion. We work with words so these are important.

Holly Nathan (X)
Holly Nathan (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
. Feb 19, 2013

[quote]Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

I wonder however: are you really a company, I mean a company that is properly incorporated as such, with an office where several people work, etc.?

I was wondering the same thing too.

Anyway, well done you for creating such a good website all by yourself. I wouldn't know where to start if I didn't have somebody to help me! Things look better now you've slowed down the animation too.

Paola Furini
Paola Furini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 20, 2013

Angie Garbarino wrote:

Yes, the best I have ever seen... fantastico!

[Edited at 2013-02-18 17:05 GMT]

Thanks Angie!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your opinion on my new website

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »