Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Why are translation business/domain names so boring?
Thread poster: XXXphxxx (X)
Ahmad Abdul-hafeeZ
Ahmad Abdul-hafeeZ  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 19:48
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
7 Tips for Naming Your Business May 2, 2012

Hi Lisa,

I think the following link may help you:

//www.entrepreneur.com/article/223401

Thanks

Germaine
Germaine  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:48
English to French
+ ...
My 2 cents... May 2, 2012

30 years later, I still remember the name of the company a young PR agent just opened: Ça parle au diable! In his flyer, he was playing with the expression in different (litteral and figurative) ways.

So, what about using or playing with a popular saying on language, communication, accuracy or a key word/meaning related to your specialty (if any)? For example:

The Three Rs - the original "reading, (w)riting and (a)rithmetic" to be replaced by reading, (w
... See more
30 years later, I still remember the name of the company a young PR agent just opened: Ça parle au diable! In his flyer, he was playing with the expression in different (litteral and figurative) ways.

So, what about using or playing with a popular saying on language, communication, accuracy or a key word/meaning related to your specialty (if any)? For example:

The Three Rs - the original "reading, (w)riting and (a)rithmetic" to be replaced by reading, (w)riting and (t)ranslating.
Speak of the devil
Watch for the Weasel Words
Thereby hangs a tale
According to Cocker (in a manner that is correct, accurate or reliable)
Tell it to the Marines!

So, go! Cut the mustard! and spread... the word!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why are translation business/domain names so boring?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »